DVC Golf Badge

Dell

Will work for Greens Fees
A while ago I read a post about the DVC golf badge and how it was not a good deal. I disagreed because the card maintained the same golf rates as last year even though the regular rates at the pro shops have gone up. This year they are including the ticket to the PGA event in OCT.

Well I just found out that they are good 1 year from the date of issue (vs. calender year) Is this true??
If so, I think Disney is getting a little better on this discount. I will be taking advantage of this again this year again. Seems like its getting better every year.

Dell

According to the latest membership benefits guidebook, the price of purchasing the DVC golf membership discount card at the pro shop is now $85 (plus tax) rather than the previous $75, and it is now good for a year from date of purchase whereas under the previous program the card expired Dec 31 regardless of when during the year you purchased it. Another improvement is that during peak season, mid-Jan to end of April, you can now take 3 guests on the card and the guests also get the discount; previously during that time of year the card provided no discount for guests (it always did and still does for other times of year; also it actually did for that peak time of year before until they took the guest portion away a couple of years ago--so in effect that is not a new improvement but simply giving back that which they had taken away). Thus, there has been some improvement. The problem still is that it is of little use to the majority of members who may go to Disney once a year and golf only once or twice at WDW--the discounts provided are not enough to make up for the cost of the discount card in those situations.?

[This message was edited by drusba on 02-05-01 at 12:22 AM.]

Whether golfing once or twice makes the card a good deal depends upon your tee times and the time of year. My husband and I went golfing one morning following a business meeting at WDW (rough duty!). The greens fees for two of us at the time we golfed (we were constrained by meetings and flights to tee off at the most expensive time)were $95/person. By buying the card for $75, we got a rate of $30 (or $35, can't remember exactly) each. Obviously, this was a good deal on the first round. We enjoyed the discounts later in the year when we returned with our family, and the card had already paid for itself.

Mary
DVC Member BWV, HH
1976, 1985, 1989- Off property; 1990-91 - Disney Villas; 1993 - 2X - Disneyland; 1994 - Disneyland; 1997 - Beach Club; 1998 - All Star Music and Wilderness Lodge; 1999 - All Star Movies; 1999 - Boardwalk Villas; 2000 - Disney Institute and Yacht Club; 2000 - Contemporary and Boardwalk Villas; 2000 - Old Key West; 2000 - Hilton Head Island

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!