DVC I.D. And Discount Problems

There is an official universal policy, and that policy is that the digital ID, as long as you have a photo ID, is just as good as the actual physical card, according to the DVC website. I would ask for a manager if the electronic card was declined, assuming it has valid dates and isn't an old screenshot.

The person that basically accused my wife of committing fraud was actually a manager. He also said the policy was that he couldn't look at my phone. If you get the wrong CM, nothing will save the situation in the moment.

The person that basically accused my wife of committing fraud was actually a manager. He also said the policy was that he couldn't look at my phone. If you get the wrong CM, nothing will save the situation in the moment.

I had a CM suggest that my printed-out blue card (it says to print it out on the website!) was not good enough, and then the screen shot taken with my phone's camera wasn't good enough, and me showing him the card by logging into dvcmember on my phone wasn't good enough, to redeem my pre-paid annual passes. The CM's manager got involved and asked for our membership number. These two obviously felt that I was trying to defraud them until they called member administration and found out I was real. Had I had presence of mind, I would have obtained their names and made a formal complaint.

At no other location did I have a problem showing a screen shot on my phone, if they asked for it at all.

I had a CM suggest that my printed-out blue card (it says to print it out on the website!) was not good enough, and then the screen shot taken with my phone's camera wasn't good enough, and me showing him the card by logging into dvcmember on my phone wasn't good enough, to redeem my pre-paid annual passes. The CM's manager got involved and asked for our membership number. These two obviously felt that I was trying to defraud them until they called member administration and found out I was real. Had I had presence of mind, I would have obtained their names and made a formal complaint.

At no other location did I have a problem showing a screen shot on my phone, if they asked for it at all.

Welcome to the club. I reported "Paul from West Covina, CA" but it's unlikely anyone would care.

I forgot one other slightly amusing detail. We'd been using the digital card all day (this is in DL), but Paul said they're "more strict on main street". My brain cannot comprehend that level of stupidity, so I had no response at the time.

All this said, it's important to keep in mind that a fish rots from the head down. It's the poor and greedy leadership that ultimately is responsible for this nonsense. These are often underpaid workers with constantly changing rules and strict upper management that would probably penalize them had they accidentally approved an invalid discount. As for DVC, the latest head started off rotten out the gate and is stinking up the joint as she decays in the florida sun.

I am going in a few weeks and I am going to try the digital card and screenshot of my license to see if it works.
Curious if this worked. I have a digital driver’s license that is legal to use in my state for driving, voting, buying alcohol, etc. With ApplePay and digital license, I can go out without carrying a wallet at home, which is really nice. It would be great if MagicBand, digital DVC membership card, and digital drivers license was all I needed.
6DDFDFEA-2235-4403-BDDE-027A732381E0.png

Curious if this worked. I have a digital driver’s license that is legal to use in my state for driving, voting, buying alcohol, etc. With ApplePay and digital license, I can go out without carrying a wallet at home, which is really nice. It would be great if MagicBand, digital DVC membership card, and digital drivers license was all I needed.
View attachment 439799

I ended up bringing my license as I had completely forgot to try this in August. But I am going again October 6th. So I will try it then!,,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter