DVC Magic Band Slider

Domique

Earning My Ears
Does anyone how do you receive a DVC Magic Band Slider... Do they come with Magic Bands or do we have to stop and buy them somewhere at the parks?

Even though I knew it was a long shot I asked at a few locations while we were there in December. They would always just smile and say that they wish they could help as they are asked that a lot.

I agree on the Ebay thing... I bought my sister 2 for $20 as stocking stuffers for xmas. They were a great gift. Bad thing is that they
are getting more expensive as they get in shorter supply on the resale market.

Thanks for asking, I was wondering the same thing as a new DVC Member. I just purchased a few on ebay.

As Disney has FINALLY revived the AP Magic Band sliders being sent out. Just for laughs, I requested our Bands via that choice for this trip and lo and behold they were in the box.

I'm wondering if they will also get on the ball with the DVC ones. At the very least, they should be definitely be in the Welcome pkg when buying direct in the Tote package or in the mail that I got several years ago.

During the year they were handing them out, we went a bunch of times. I ended up with a bunch of them.

~~~~~

I’m going to amend this because I got requests equal to more sliders than I have. I’ll work through them in a little while.

Having Easter Dinner for now!

5DE6FBF2-EF00-4C0F-B05E-1F9501096763.jpeg

Last edited:
During the year they were handing them out, we went a bunch of times. And I really don’t care for the sliders much. I’ve already given several away here in the past.

And apparently I still have a dozen or so left. The posters above that were looking for them, drop me an PM and I’ll be happy to pixie dust you with two of them each.

I’d much rather pixie dust someone than play with eBay.

View attachment 313180
That's awesome! Sending you a PM.

Thank you so much! I'd tried searching the forum and looking at the FAQs, but didn't have any luck.

During the year they were handing them out, we went a bunch of times. And I really don’t care for the sliders much. I’ve already given several away here in the past.

And apparently I still have a dozen or so left. The posters above that were looking for them, drop me an PM and I’ll be happy to pixie dust you with two of them each.

I’d much rather pixie dust someone than play with eBay.

View attachment 313180
Do you still have some. I am a family of 7. Only care if my 5 kids can get them (me and my husband don't care) We just bought DVC and would be great if my kids had them when we go this summer. Thanks

Ugh, I wish I kept ours. I just kind of assumed they would always send these so I wasn't careful about keeping them.

2015 was when they were giving them out. They slipped one in for every magic band with the bands when they were shipped.

I can only guess that the logistics of just stuffing DVC boxes with sliders was more hassle than it was worth. Surely the little sliders themselves didn’t cost that much.

But if WDW would just make a bunch of them and sell them behind the counters of the stores (with proof of ownership required to purchase them), I bet they’d be a big hit. Maybe toss a few in the welcome home kit, etc.

(One of the problems now is that since that promotion, WDW is giving frequent flyers the opportunity to decline additional magic bands every trip. They wouldn’t want to provide an incentive for members to request $50 worth of magic bands they otherwise would decline just to get $0.50 worth of sliders.)

Last edited:
Do you have some still available? Im trying to figure out to sent u a pm but i dont know how

During the year they were handing them out, we went a bunch of times. I ended up with a bunch of them.

~~~~~

I’m going to amend this because I got requests equal to more sliders than I have. I’ll work through them in a little while.

View attachment 313180

~~~~~

View attachment 313180

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter