DVC Magic Bands

Interesting, but man, that color kills it. I wish it was more colorful, or maybe had all the different DVC logos that have been used over the years.

Last edited:
Interesting, but man, that color kills it. I with it was more colorful, or maybe had all the different DVC logos that have been used over the years.
The Dooney one is more like what you're wanting by the sounds of it....it just costs more. DD13 told me that I should get her one....to go with the other Dooney MB that she got on our last trip....ummm, no.

38524650_253847992107567_5407808582412402688_n.jpg

Not exactly, those are resort logos. I'm talking DVC logos, like the one with the red mountains, the sailboat and the one in my signature, plus the modern mickey ears logo.

I really like the D&B one, but I think you can only get them at the DVC resort shops right now. I will be stalking the Shop Disney app in hopes that it becomes available there. We won't be down until December and I don't think they will be around then, but then again you never know.

We will be down there on Friday and I really really hope that I can find one. Anyone have any of the resort gift shop phone numbers by chance?

Just a note, the batteries in the bands are only good for about two years. After that any feature requiring the long range function won't be available.

:earsboy: Bill

Just a note, the batteries in the bands are only good for about two years. After that any feature requiring the long range function won't be available.

:earsboy: Bill

Which is exactly why I don't let myself buy Magic Bands. I'm not there for enough days within two years for it to make sense to me to buy. I'd rather spend the money on something else. Like cupcakes. (I know there are people who think I have my priorities backwards.)

Yeah, I have a hard time justifying buying a magic band. They need to make a way to change out the battery (like a watch battery) on the models they sell.

True, that's the reason I've never been tempted by buying a MB before. But now the Mickey button with the battery and the NFC chip is replaceable. Wondering if any of the basic colors would be nice when one had to replace the Mickey button. Maybe the grey one?
I like the D&B one, the box more than the band :D

Now, I don't condone buying MB's :laughing: but just to point out that the new MB's allow the puck to be changed. By all appearances these bands have plain pucks and when the batteries finally die for long range items a new puck could be inserted. It would become a "new" band as the free MB's aren't these colors but I'm sure something else would coordinate. The Dooney seems the most open to this with it's various colors in the band. But even without the longer range features these bands would continue to work for room doors and park entry. It just depends on how much you want to be tracked and if you want photos linked automatically. If you traveled with others linked to your account who got had working long range MB's then even the photos would still link up to your account even if your band specifically wasn't the one being used to link.

We customize our magic bands by mix'in and match'in colors and pucks. It's pretty easy to remove a puck with a small Philips head screw driver, one for eye glasses.

I did a chat with DVC Member Services website today and asked about these two Magic Bands. I was told that there are no new DVC Magic Bands out, that they've been getting a lot of calls/emails about them and it's all rumors.

I did a chat with DVC Member Services website today and asked about these two Magic Bands. I was told that there are no new DVC Magic Bands out, that they've been getting a lot of calls/emails about them and it's all rumors.
To be fair, I'm not 100% sure that DVC Member Services would know anything about DVC Merchandise products. Merchandise is a completely different division. Kind of like calling WDW ticketing and asking about a Princess dress.

I have taken the pucks out if magic bands twice, to put the pucks in magic keepers to wear on lanyard. The first time was difficult. The second time was very difficult. I used the screwdrivers which came with the magic keepers.

I know plenty of people have done this with no problem. Just wanted to mention that some of us do have problems with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!