DVC Magic Bands

Which is exactly why I don't let myself buy Magic Bands. I'm not there for enough days within two years for it to make sense to me to buy. I'd rather spend the money on something else. Like cupcakes. (I know there are people who think I have my priorities backwards.)

If you’re a mb fan, though, and wear them happily, it’s onjt a couple things that a mb won’t do once the long range battery is done. The interactive stuff, getting the photopass videos, getting photopass auto-linked, and...being tracked around the parks lol.

If those things aren’t vitally important to you, then having the long range potentially be dead isn’t a problem.

If those things are vitally important AND you love the cute bands, put a newer one in your pocket, wear a second, or have someone else in your group wear a newer one. :)

And since there is some tracking ability to a fully functioning band, I would definitely be sure kids have a fully working band, in case their parents get lost. A tracking app for their cell phone or ipad is a good idea, too.

Just a note, the batteries in the bands are only good for about two years. After that any feature requiring the long range function won't be available.

:earsboy: Bill
But with the removable puck in the middle now, you could just replace the center with a new one:confused3

What they need to do is have a wireless charger for a small battery in the puck. Seems pretty obvious.

But then you wouldn't buy another one!

:earsboy: Bill
True, but all of the limited amount they make will die around the same time, so if they dont make another like it after the period which the battery will last, then your out of luck.
What they need to do is have a wireless charger for a small battery in the puck. Seems pretty obvious.
Yes, they should do a rechargeable or something, unless the plan is to go away with them altogether. Which may be happening, unless there is a good reason they took away the Rock 'n' Roller custom music posters in the FP Queue line (Unless it just wasnt operating as our trip toward end of '17 it was there, trip in spring of this year not there). Or maybe they will move to the system they have us using at Disneyland, bar-code scanning from our phones, which less cost for them. Maybe they will use bluetooth from our phones which they are using in their new Play phone App.

I honestly think that DVC should give each member a nice DVC magic band.
When ever I wear my DVC slider I am often asked about DVC and always tell how much we enjoy it.
I have to think that this interaction may have led to a sale or two.
Free advertising for DVC a cheap little something for us.

When ever I wear my DVC slider I am often asked about DVC and always tell how much we enjoy it.
I agree, they have been really going down hill in the free stuff area

It's funny you mention this, on our trip to the Poly in 2015, I saw some people with the DVC sliders and that little piece of rubber got me to look into it a lot more........ now we have a 50 points direct and a bunch of resale points, with 3 DVC stays under our belts and one coming up in 2019.

I want the Dooney one, I hope it becomes available online or is still there in parks next month, my next trip.

While I DO buy some magic bands (and refuse the free ones usually), I really do not buy lots of other stuff at the parks. So it is reasonable for me, and I enjoy them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!