DVC Members by Geographic Location

PolyRob

DIS Veteran
I always hear MA, NJ, NY, etc has a lot of DVC members. Is there information out there actually showing the number or percentage by US state/geographic location?

I am sure Disney has the information. Probably down to cities...but sharing it would be another thing. I know my BLT resale contract the owners were from New Jersey...so it probably does have a high percentage as does a lot of the east coast.

I am sure Disney has the information. Probably down to cities...but sharing it would be another thing. I know my BLT resale contract the owners were from New Jersey...so it probably does have a high percentage as does a lot of the east coast.
So funny you mention NJ! This is the most relevant thread I could find earlier:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/map-of-dvc-ownership-by-state-red-state-vs-blue-state.1840853/
It mentions NJ being one of the highest with "5000+" member. I wish I could see the Disney Files map. The post is from 11 years ago so probably outdated haha

We are from NJ and know at least of 5-10 others that own who live in NJ. I would presume that there probably is high DVC in NJ. When our kids were young we would vacation to get away from “NJ” and New Jerseyan’s were everywhere we went!!! 😂

We live in very South Texas. The closest DVC member I've ever met lives 125 miles north, in Corpus Christi. The next closest is 350 miles away, in the Houston area. So there may be a lot in Texas, but Texas is a huge state.

Considering NJ is the most densely populated state and the 2nd 'wealthiest' state (according to US news) I am sure there are a lot up there. Heck, any other state got a week named it in the crowd calendars?
(I got the heck out of there tho, but my original purchase was made when I lived in NJ)

We live in Omaha, Nebraska, and honest to goodness I happened to run into a DVC member that lives in my neighborhood just a few months ago. There's probably about 300 households in our subdivision, but I was truly shocked. I'd love to meet other DVC locals though!

I know a couple of Brits who own, and a few more who are thinking about it. I’m very torn, because we get very good U.K. deals to stay on property at the moment. Do you find it is worthwhile when you live in the UK?
Hi, TBH I'm not sure yet if it will be worthwhile as we only bought in this year (Animal Kingdom Villas) my son has been DVC since 2016. We decided to buy our contract because cash prices are going up by leaps and bounds year on year and with DVC we have a little buffer against the yearly increase so we think it's easier to budget. Yes, we still have to pay Annual Dues but it's considerably less than cash resort prices.
But whatever happens and however it works out, we'll get some fabulous holidays with our family; building wonderful memories for our grandchildren to look back on when we're no longer around.

We're Connecticut shoreline and I know two other owners in my town. We're all pretty new to DVC. I've seen a few DVC decals on CT cars here. We all have several airports to choose from, which helps in planning to get to Fla.
It would be interesting to see the numbers, I agree!

So funny you mention NJ! This is the most relevant thread I could find earlier:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/map-of-dvc-ownership-by-state-red-state-vs-blue-state.1840853/
It mentions NJ being one of the highest with "5000+" member. I wish I could see the Disney Files map. The post is from 11 years ago so probably outdated haha

A lot of New Jersey high schools go to Disney for senior trip, then we grow up take our kids to Disney as often as possible and the vicious cycle continues. :-)

A number of years back there was a map of the states at SSR. Each state had the number of Members posted on it.
By far Florida had the largest number. No idea if that still holds true.

I know a couple of Brits who own, and a few more who are thinking about it. I’m very torn, because we get very good U.K. deals to stay on property at the moment. Do you find it is worthwhile when you live in the UK?

Typically the deals from the UK are not comparable. In our case we tend to stay 3 weeks in 2Br every 2 to 3 years. When we have looked to book the same accommodation through Disney the cost is usually around £25,000 per trip. Our cost through DVC is a 1/3 of that. If we have unused points we rent them. We have been members for 10 years. For us it’s been great value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter