DVC members cruise and points

bcwife76

DisneyMomma
So I know you don't have to use points to sail on a members cruise,but say I wanted to use points for one person in my cabin. Now, we just bought another contract, same UY as our first (Sept) and I called immediately to bank the 2017 points into 2018. Those 'expire' if I don't use them by Aug 31 2019 (or rent them out or roll them into RCI points as they are direct member points).
If I book the Oct 2019 cruise will they use those banked points first? Or because they technically 'expire' a few weeks before the member cruise are they not able to use those points?

They should use the banked points first, but I would specify for sure when booking to make sure that is the case.

I wouldn't use them. Only valued at $7.67 a point. Sell them for $13+ each to David's and use the cash to pay for the cruise.

2017 Sept points, even banked will expire before your Oct 2019 cruise.

Oops yes, I overlooked that point!

I figured as much, thanks for the clarification.

Thank you, yes I think that is what we will ultimately end up doing.

I'd call MS and ask anyway. They may very well accept those banked from 2017 points as payment for a cruise. Booking for a cruise is a different animal than booking a DVC resort stay. Doesn't hurt to ask before you decide (assuming you have no better use for those points). Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!