DVC Member's Cruise - July 23, 2018 - Castway Double Dip

FORMAL NIGHT QUESTION ... Since this is a short cruise, will there still be a
formal night where everyone dresses up for dinner in the dining room?

How about 'Pirate Night' themed dinner - will there be dressing in costume for that meal?

One night may be “semi-formal” and definitely there WILL be some families dressed to the nines, but it will be mixed for sure.

Likewise for Pirate night, but most will have something like they will wear the scarf that DCL provides.

That’s been my experience.

Bobbi

Hi Everyone! This is our first DVC member cruise and our second Disney cruise! Looking to join a FE group as we did it our last cruise and it was sooo much fun! We have a family of 5- 2 Adults, 3 kids (all boys) ages 15, 11, and 9. Lmk if anyone needs another family for their group. -Marie

Hi Everyone! This is our first DVC member cruise and our second Disney cruise! Looking to join a FE group as we did it our last cruise and it was sooo much fun! We have a family of 5- 2 Adults, 3 kids (all boys) ages 15, 11, and 9. Lmk if anyone needs another family for their group. -Marie
Hi Marie,

Just post the information here, or you can PM (Conversations) me the info and I will add you to the list! Welcome aboard!

Hi Marie,

Just post the information here, or you can PM (Conversations) me the info and I will add you to the list! Welcome aboard!

Great! We are in cabin 7094. There are 5 of us. 2 Adults 3 boys (15, 11, and 9). What type of FE are we doing?

Great! We are in cabin 7094. There are 5 of us. 2 Adults 3 boys (15, 11, and 9). What type of FE are we doing?
Hi Marie,

This would be for the general fish extender. What and how much you want to do is up to you.

@bobbiwoz is organizing a local candy/snack exchange as well, which is separate from the main FE list, though many of the same people are participating in both.

Great! I'll PM you.
Hi Marie,

This would be for the general fish extender. What and how much you want to do is up to you.

@bobbiwoz is organizing a local candy/snack exchange as well, which is separate from the main FE list, though many of the same people are participating in both.

Thanks! General FE is perfect! Sign us up : 0) BTW.. We are from NJ

Last edited:
Thanks! General FE is perfect! Sign us up : 0)
Will do. Just need the state you are from, characters you like, and if you have any allergies. You can also share names if you like (if not, I can leave you as Adult 1, Adult 2, etc...).

Welcome!

Is there a 'meet and greet' type gathering for Fish Extender groups? On another line, the cruise line provides a room, an employee to guide the party and refreshments and games with small door prizes for meet and greet groups of 25 or more. I wasn't sure if Disney did something similar. This is a short cruise, so not sure if anyone would even want to spend an hour at a meet and greet for this group with so many activities and such a short cruise. Just curious.

Is there a 'meet and greet' type gathering for Fish Extender groups? On another line, the cruise line provides a room, an employee to guide the party and refreshments and games with small door prizes for meet and greet groups of 25 or more. I wasn't sure if Disney did something similar. This is a short cruise, so not sure if anyone would even want to spend an hour at a meet and greet for this group with so many activities and such a short cruise. Just curious.
There is not a meet and mingle, if that is what you are referring to, although we can set one up ourselves. Our Alaska DVC cruise had one in the Promenade Lounge. As of now, the only thing that we have started is a meet up on the night before the cruise (July 22nd) at Top of the World Lounge (TOTWL) at Bay Lake Tower to watch fireworks.

There is not a meet and mingle, if that is what you are referring to, although we can set one up ourselves. Our Alaska DVC cruise had one in the Promenade Lounge. As of now, the only thing that we have started is a meet up on the night before the cruise (July 22nd) at Top of the World Lounge (TOTWL) at Bay Lake Tower to watch fireworks.

Thank you.

Please add us to the FE group
Room 9500
New York
2 Adults (Mark, Christy)
2 Kids (Paige 15, Derek 10)
Fav chars (Bolt Rhino, all things star wars, Coco Daunte, all things Studio Ghibli)

Just booked the DVC Member Cruise yesterday for me and DS (7). This is the first DCL cruise for us and my son's first cruise EVER! :sail:

It came together by happenstance. I'd been stalking rooms in hopes of booking something in the Family Oceanview category. Recently, my dad asks me to handle his RCI acct because it looks like he had almost 42K pts to use before August. I'd not seen DVC on RCI in a long long time, but happened to find some SSR summer weeks yesterday! They grabbed 7/21-7/28, and once we had a place to stay pre/post cruise, it seemed a no-brainer to book this member cruise, especially since something DID open up on Deck 5. Haven't convinced my parents to join us yet.

Big question: **How long to I have to add insurance?**
The CM said I'd be mailed all that info eventually, but didn't give me details on when that would be or how soon I'd need to add insurance. I know that Disney insurance has been unavailable since beginning of year.

Also, I'm a little afraid of our cabin being located over the BV Theater. I travel with a sound machine but it didn't help me with boat horn noises at the Poly nor with Water Pageant noise at BLT. Is my best bet to keep checking back for a room on Deck 8?

TIA for your help!

We'd also be open to joining FE but I am at a loss for what we could bring to give out. I've been trying to get ideas from online searches but I'm afraid I'm just a little bit good at crafts, not good enough to even make my own FE, LOL.

Last edited:
Hey guys!

Quick question, we are now at 12 cabins for the FE group. At what point would we want to consider splitting into 2 groups? I was thinking at about 16-20???

Or... do you guys want to just keep it one big group?

Hey guys!

Quick question, we are now at 12 cabins for the FE group. At what point would we want to consider splitting into 2 groups? I was thinking at about 16-20???

Or... do you guys want to just keep it one big group?
I’d vote for smaller groups :)

Just booked the DVC Member Cruise yesterday for me and DS (7). This is the first DCL cruise for us and my son's first cruise EVER! :sail:

It came together by happenstance. I'd been stalking rooms in hopes of booking something in the Family Oceanview category. Recently, my dad asks me to handle his RCI acct because it looks like he had almost 42K pts to use before August. I'd not seen DVC on RCI in a long long time, but happened to find some SSR summer weeks yesterday! They grabbed 7/21-7/28, and once we had a place to stay pre/post cruise, it seemed a no-brainer to book this member cruise, especially since something DID open up on Deck 5. Haven't convinced my parents to join us yet.

Big question: **How long to I have to add insurance?**
The CM said I'd be mailed all that info eventually, but didn't give me details on when that would be or how soon I'd need to add insurance. I know that Disney insurance has been unavailable since beginning of year.

Also, I'm a little afraid of our cabin being located over the BV Theater. I travel with a sound machine but it didn't help me with boat horn noises at the Poly nor with Water Pageant noise at BLT. Is my best bet to keep checking back for a room on Deck 8?

TIA for your help!

We'd also be open to joining FE but I am at a loss for what we could bring to give out. I've been trying to get ideas from online searches but I'm afraid I'm just a little bit good at crafts, not good enough to even make my own FE, LOL.
Welcome! If you want to join the FE group, we'd love to have you!

Don't fret about what to give out. It is all just done in fun!

:welcome: All new cruisers!

We are currently on a Wonder Cruise, a “reward” for myself after cataract surgery in February!

Still open sign up for a Local Candy / Snack Exchange. I keep the number between 6-11 in case, so no one gets sugar overload!!!

Won’t be back in line until probably Sunday, I have not found internet connection to be good on Wonder.

Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!