DVC Member's Cruise - July 23, 2018 - Castway Double Dip

This will be our 4th DCL cruise & 1st member cruise, so excited!! We will have 2 teens & a 12 year old with us, do they do anything special for that age group?

This will be our 4th DCL cruise & 1st member cruise, so excited!! We will have 2 teens & a 12 year old with us, do they do anything special for that age group?
:welcome:

I cannot answer your question, but they may enjoy some of the special guest presentations!

When I booked I was told I would get a package with information in the mail in 6-8 days. I'm wondering if I misheard her? Was it 6-8 weeks? I was so anxious trying to get everything booked that once I paid I sort of mentally checked out. :confused:

So for 4 nights, we'll be eating at one of the 3 main restaurants twice. Guessing you'll just eat again at the restaurant you dine in the first night? Palo and Remy will be open too right? Though I don't see me paying extra on a meal, given the high price of the cruise.

So for 4 nights, we'll be eating at one of the 3 main restaurants twice. Guessing you'll just eat again at the restaurant you dine in the first night? Palo and Remy will be open too right? Though I don't see me paying extra on a meal, given the high price of the cruise.
You will not have a repeat menu. The extra night will have the Pirate Night menu, and all restaurants will have it.

You will not have a repeat menu. The extra night will have the Pirate Night menu, and all restaurants will have it.
Do we know in advance which night is Pirate Night? Do people dress up for it? The only cruise we've done recently was the Alaska MC, which had formal night AND semiformal night. Do these Castaway cruises have either of those?

Last edited:
Do we know in advance which night is Pirate Night? Do people dress up for it? The only cruise we've done recently was the Alaska MC, which had formal night AND informal night. Do these Castaway cruises have either of those?
People do dress for Pirate night...maybe 25% go all out, some really look fabulous. We'll know before, as it will be a " ships activities " on the DCL reservation page.
I doubt we'll have a formal night.

People do dress for Pirate night...maybe 25% go all out, some really look fabulous. We'll know before, as it will be a " ships activities " on the DCL reservation page.
I doubt we'll have a formal night.
Sorry, I meant to say formal night and semiformal night. I whined about it when I had to buy & pack tuxes as well as suits for my boys, but those are the two photos (with Mickey) that we most treasure!

Sorry, I meant to say formal night and semiformal night. I whined about it when I had to buy & pack tuxes as well as suits for my boys, but those are the two photos (with Mickey) that we most treasure!
My guess is there will be semi formal...how well folks will adhere to that is anyone's guess. Truly, those who do like you did, make the cruise "classy." I am glad you have that memory!:)

We are not that far away from being able to book pre cruise stays! I am thinking about Jambo house. I know earlier I mentioned BLT, but we will rent a car for Sunday church, do we will most likely book the Wave for dinner, and stay to see the fireworks from TTOTW, and hopefully, meet some fellow cruisers up there! Now I am thinking of 3 nights before, and going home after.

Hi everyone!!! I just booked the Member Cruise for my family this afternoon. This is will be our 7th Disney cruise but our very first member cruise. I will be sailing with my husband, my 14 year old daughter, and 12 year old son (he will be 13 then).

I am not sure about the candy exchange since both of my kids have peanuts and treenuts allergy, and my daughter also has a wheat/gluten allergy but I would be interested in a FE exchange. We have participated in couple FE exchanges in previous cruise.

~Jenny

Hi everyone!!! I just booked the Member Cruise for my family this afternoon. This is will be our 7th Disney cruise but our very first member cruise. I will be sailing with my husband, my 14 year old daughter, and 12 year old son (he will be 13 then).

I am not sure about the candy exchange since both of my kids have peanuts and treenuts allergy, and my daughter also has a wheat/gluten allergy but I would be interested in a FE exchange. We have participated in couple FE exchanges in previous cruise.

~Jenny
Hi! :wave:

~Jenny
:welcome:

I understand about passing on candy / snack exchange, and hope you enjoy the FE exchange!

Just booked a week stay before the cruise! DD and I will return to WDW after the cruise for a few days as well while DH flies home to go back to work. Very excited about next summer!

Just booked a week stay before the cruise! DD and I will return to WDW after the cruise for a few days as well while DH flies home to go back to work. Very excited about next summer!
Wow, you're making the most of the trip to FL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts