DVC Members cruise Oct 5-12 2019 to Bermuda/Boston!!!

Since this is our first time on the Magic, we only want to book Palo for brunch, not dinner so we can experience all that the MDR's have to offer. Crossing my fingers I can get brunch in two weeks :worship: In the past I've had issues and were able to get it once we got onboard as I know they always hold some back so it's not the end of the world. I don't want to book too much else (tastings or character meets, etc) because I want to be free to attend as many of the talks, etc as possible.

Unless things have changed, Palo brunch is only on sea days, so it's harder to get. I prefer brunch to dinner, as I enjoy the regular dining rooms, and like the view in the daytime. DH likes both, so we try for both.

This will be our 12th Disney cruise, so I did manage to book both last night, along with the chocolate and liquor tasting.

Unless things have changed, Palo brunch is only on sea days, so it's harder to get. I prefer brunch to dinner, as I enjoy the regular dining rooms, and like the view in the daytime. DH likes both, so we try for both.

This will be our 12th Disney cruise, so I did manage to book both last night, along with the chocolate and liquor tasting.
With three sea days on this cruise you'd think brunch wouldn't be *as* difficult to get, but someone in the FB group posted that at the moment, there are only brunch spots available on the third sea day! Gold, Silver and newbies (apart from the ones sailing concierge) have yet to check in yet! Another reason I can't wait to be Platinum lol This is our 8th cruise and #9 is booked for 2020 so I'm getting there....

I was disappointed that there were no tastings available, but we did get our two Bermuda tours. I am excited about Bermuda, but Bruce doesn’t want to leave the ship for fear he will miss something. We can’t wait for this cruise!

I was disappointed that there were no tastings available, but we did get our two Bermuda tours. I am excited about Bermuda, but Bruce doesn’t want to leave the ship for fear he will miss something. We can’t wait for this cruise!
I know we've discussed tastings being sold out etc but are there any Bermuda excursions that are showing as sold out yet? We want to do at least 2 or 3 different excursions (depending on the times they are offered).

Normally I would say it is OK to leave the ship during port as nothing MC- related is scheduled during port time. However, on our Pacific Coast MC, there was a session that overlapped the return time in San Francisco by 15 min and the advance Aladdin screenings overlapped our Victoria port time in the evening since we were there so late ( until 9:30 pm).

Check the Navigator app once onboard for any possible overlaps.

I know we've discussed tastings being sold out etc but are there any Bermuda excursions that are showing as sold out yet? We want to do at least 2 or 3 different excursions (depending on the times they are offered).
The Glass working class in Bermuda is sold out. I did not notice any others.

Was anyone able to see Princess gatherings?

No, no character meets are shown yet.

I was the one who posted on FB that the brunch was only available on the third sea day when I booked. I didn't get up at midnight, but did my bookings at 5:30 am and that's all there was at that time. :(

No, no character meets are shown yet.

I was the one who posted on FB that the brunch was only available on the third sea day when I booked. I didn't get up at midnight, but did my bookings at 5:30 am and that's all there was at that time. :(
Someone in the FB group has posted that there are now NO spots for brunch left? Can someone confirm this is true? I mean, I know they hold back spots on the ship but having ALL Gold, Silver and new cruisers going for just a few spots is madness! Hoping they open up slots for each level that can book.

I just checked. Palo brunch appears to be available on days 5 and 7. I couldn't check available times, as we already have brunch scheduled.

Mixology and Cognac tasting show as available on day 2.

My DSis went to NYC to buy tickets, and the three of us in the cabin on this cruise, will be going to see the Temptations, “Ain’t too Proud to Beg” on our first night in NYC. We hope to get some discount tickets to something on Friday! We decided to stay two nights.

There are 5 of us on this cruise, three DVC members, my DSis and a good friend who has been on another MC. We are in two cabins, OV.

I have organized a small Local Candy/Snack Exchange on the West Coast Cruise, and would be happy to organize one here, unless there is one already and I missed it!
I am interested in the Candy Exchange if one
Hi hlyntunsti:)

In a Local Candy/Snack Exchange, we use Fish extenders to gift others with a Regional candy or Snack. We pass out the gifts once, and you give enough for the cabin to share. Until the end of August, I will just note interest here, but by September 5, the exchange will be closed. ( I am on the WBTA Cruise, and we leave for Paris on September 11). Depending on the signups, there may be more than one group. On one DVC MC, there were 32 Cabin signed up, I divided the group into 4 groups of 8. On the West Coast DVC MC in May there are just 5 Cabins total involved. I will definitely keep the groups around 8, in case of a large turnout. The food must be packed by a manufacturer, similar to Halloween treats, no homemade food is allowed on board.
In August please send me a conversation stating your cabin number, how many are in your cabin, adults and children and if there are any allergies. In your gift, please put some information about the history of your food.

Interest in a Local Candy/Snack Exchange
bcwife76
bobbiwoz
hlyntunsti

We live in Cape May NJ, not close to port, but do not have to fly. We do not get to NYC often, and Patricia lives in OK, so we decided two nights in NYC would be a treat.
I am interested in the Candy Exchange

I just checked. Palo brunch appears to be available on days 5 and 7. I couldn't check available times, as we already have brunch scheduled.

Mixology and Cognac tasting show as available on day 2.
Awesome! Thank you very much for you looking!!

I am interested in the Candy Exchange if one

I am interested in the Candy Exchange

In a Local Candy/Snack Exchange, we use Fish extenders to gift others with a Regional candy or Snack. We pass out the gifts once, and you give enough for the cabin to share. Until the end of August, I will just note interest here, but by September 5, the exchange will be closed. ( I am on the WBTA Cruise, and we leave for Paris on September 11). Depending on the signups, there may be more than one group. On one DVC MC, there were 32 Cabin signed up, I divided the group into 4 groups of 8. On the West Coast DVC MC in May there are just 5 Cabins total involved. I will definitely keep the groups around 8, in case of a large turnout. The food must be packed by a manufacturer, similar to Halloween treats, no homemade food is allowed on board.
In August please send me a conversation stating your cabin number, how many are in your cabin, adults and children and if there are any allergies. In your gift, please put some information about the history of your food.

Interest in a Local Candy/Snack Exchange
bcwife76
bobbiwoz
hlyntunsti
Pattipook

Hi, Patricia!
Patricia is in my cabin, and we will each participate in the Local Candy/Snack Exchange.
Who else is interested!

I haven’t posted since last year because I have been dealing with a severe case of tendinitis since February on my right side. I wasn’t able to drive for 5 weeks and still have to limit computer time. We are looking forward to this cruise and we are also doing the one before it.
I have gotten caught up with the blog while I am sitting here waiting for midnight to book excursions and Palos. I am happy to answer any questions about shore excursion times.
Sue
I hope you are feeling better soon.
Apparently some of the tastings are already sold out - how is that possible? Platinum just opened half an hour ago and I can't think all of concierge took them! Crazy! Hope there's something left for me in two weeks :rotfl2: You dang booze hounds :rotfl:
I hope to try a tasting or two also. I started calling myself a "lowly silver" on the FB page. It sounded like just about everyone was Gold or Platinum. I know I can't judge by these boards but my hopes of Palo and getting our preferred excursions are low. At least there will be a lot going on either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts