DVC members extra early entry to MNSSHP

I would really like to know the number of DVC Members that have an AP... for those people this does nothing as a few others have pointed out.
- A Disgruntled DVC AP Member (Lol)

This was my immediate thought. Are there really many people that lock in spending that kind of money at Disney for 40 years, but don't buy APs?

This was my immediate thought. Are there really many people that lock in spending that kind of money at Disney for 40 years, but don't buy APs?

We have DVC, but not APs. To make an annual pass cost effective for us we would have to go to Disney far more than we would have otherwise. At that point we'd be negating much of the savings with DVC. Also, with those lacking direct points ineligible for the discounted AP, the value of the AP is even harder for us to justify.

I do imagine we're not the norm, though.

We generally only have an AP 50% of the time, and I’ve never renewed an AP (not worth it if you won’t go again for at least another 6-12 mo)
It depends on circumstances and deals, ie we did the free Water Park MYW upgrade a few years back which was a lot cheaper than a Platinum Plus AP
But I did just finish my Platinum Plus AP for the price of gold, so that was nice.

We are the DVC members that have APs, we also purchased only enough points for about 2 weeks worth of stays, meaning we are shelling out even more money for extra stays. I imagine that at some point we will likely add more points. The initial purchase was a big drain on our bank accounts and we need to build it back up!

We're DVC members, but only buy APs every other year. We'll have APs when we go to this year's Halloween party, but will be traveling with others who won't have APs. It sounds like we'll be able to get our non-DVC member friends in early who will be staying with us. So that will be a nice perk :-)

I would really like to know the number of DVC Members that have an AP... for those people this does nothing as a few others have pointed out.
- A Disgruntled DVC AP Member (Lol)

+1
lol
Actually, this might have been a reason for us to consider buying a 3-4 day ticket for our long weekend and not use our APs... except we are also using our 2nd "PAP+ for price of Gold" APs to do an early AM AP event at TS Land...

Can anyone recommend a good touring plan for MNSSHP when we have little kids (7 and 2.5? The 2.5 yo will likely conk out in the stroller sometime during the night, but she's a good stroller sleeper.)

We have DVC, but not APs. To make an annual pass cost effective for us we would have to go to Disney far more than we would have otherwise. At that point we'd be negating much of the savings with DVC. Also, with those lacking direct points ineligible for the discounted AP, the value of the AP is even harder for us to justify.

I do imagine we're not the norm, though.
We also don’t have AP as we spend our points between DL, DW and Aulani. We also bank points to go on longer trips because the cost of airfare from Vancouver is so high.

We are DVC members without an AP and will likely only get APs sporadically, and I think there’s probably a good number of members who don’t have APs.

In some ways I understand those who feel “disgruntled,” but there are DVC extras that not *everyone* benefits from, and from the looks of things, I’m sure there will be more. Furthermore, as an AP holder, you have your own “perks” to enjoy.

Personally, this makes me *want* to go do a party, which is I’m sure what Disney is hoping for! I would ask that those who feel “disgruntled” not complain too loudly about your feelings; I’d hate to see Disney not do similar things because one group complained that Disney didn’t provide them ANY benefit and what are you going to do for ME? There is always going to be some degree of overlap between the stakeholder groups (APs, DVC). You are fortunate in that you get to enjoy the benefits of being in both groups!!!

...there are DVC extras that not *everyone* benefits from, and from the looks of things, I’m sure there will be more...

I believe the general consensus isn’t that they’ve done this (it’s great!), rather the appearance is that this was thrown out there as a “DVC Magical Extra” when in reality Disney had already run the numbers and had surmised this “perk” would probably only impact, perhaps 10% of overall DVC customers that do not hold APs, and even then...realistically only impact perhaps the 3% of that number that would actually attend the party. If you are going to provide “Magical Membership Extras”, perhaps don’t be so on the nose about only doing so as a means to drive last minute increased attendance and revenues, that’s all.

I really hope they will do this for the Christmas party as well! We are the members who would really benefit! We had APs but they expire in August. We are going on a Disney Cruise and staying one day at Disney for the Christmas party. This would be so wonderful for us...we really wanted to be able to go to the park more than the party anyway!

We Live in California, but go to WDW every other year, so we are not AP holders. We only have 125 points with a family of five so we really have to get creative. I always feel bummed when they offer the free Member nights several times at WDW because so far one has never taken place when we've been there, So we always miss out. They only have one of those a year at Disneyland which I got to do last year. We are going to WDW for 11 days at the end of October and after I booked my stay I found out that they only at the most sell 10 day tickets, so this is a great perk for me, I wont have to pay for an extra one day Ticket(which is crazy expensive). So I actually get to benefit from one of these member bonuses yay!

As a DVC member I just don't see the advantage to this 'perk'. Forgive me if I am wrong, but you don't need an AP, nor a party ticket, to be in the park at 2pm. A plain ole base ticket will allow you to be in the park at 2pm so unless Disney is closing the park at 2pm then I really don't see any 'extra' advantage. Last time I bought party tickets you couldn't make FP selections with the party ticket, so again no advantage. If I don't have plans to attend a hard ticket party I usually avoid the party park on party day anyway. Anyone who goes to the park on that day will need an extra ticket for the party so DVC, AP, or base ticket will have to leave if they don't pay the extra for the party ticket.

We Live in California, but go to WDW every other year, so we are not AP holders. We only have 125 points with a family of five so we really have to get creative. I always feel bummed when they offer the free Member nights several times at WDW because so far one has never taken place when we've been there, So we always miss out. They only have one of those a year at Disneyland which I got to do last year. We are going to WDW for 11 days at the end of October and after I booked my stay I found out that they only at the most sell 10 day tickets, so this is a great perk for me, I wont have to pay for an extra one day Ticket(which is crazy expensive). So I actually get to benefit from one of these member bonuses yay!

Or next time maybe buy two different tickets, one 5 day and one 6 day. There are several discount sites that sell buy 4 days get the 5th day free etc.

It is a huge benefit to me. I am using a party ticket instead of adding a day to my base ticket as we are already there for 10 days. It gives me an extra 2 hours in the park, which is great. I can go on a couple more rides so there isn’t as much opposition for doing more of the party activities or meet and greets during the party.

It is a huge benefit to me. I am using a party ticket instead of adding a day to my base ticket as we are already there for 10 days. It gives me an extra 2 hours in the park, which is great. I can go on a couple more rides so there isn’t as much opposition for doing more of the party activities or meet and greets during the party.

But you can't make FPs so you will be in the already crowded park with people who have FPs. I can't imagine being in the already crowded park in costume(if you wear one). In two hours time you may get lucky and ride SGE or TTA. Most people will be heading to the indoor activities and shows by this time because of the heat.

But you can't make FPs so you will be in the already crowded park with people who have FPs. I can't imagine being in the already crowded park in costume(if you wear one). In two hours time you may get lucky and ride SGE or TTA. Most people will be heading to the indoor activities and shows by this time because of the heat.

You can make FP's on a party ticket for the hours prior to the event starts....that's nothing new.

Yes, I could have bought multiple tickets, or an AP, but I bought the party tickets instead. I can get FP once I am in the park. Just because it isn’t a benefit to you, does not mean that it isn’t for others. As someone else pointed out, you may be able to make FP ahead of time (although that may start at 4 and not 2). Either way, I still have an extra 2 hours in the parks which I appreciate.

You can make FP's on a party ticket for the hours prior to the event starts....that's nothing new.
Do you know if the hours for FPs will still be 4p-7p, or will it let you start at 2pm? Just wondering. I know when I tried at the MNSSHP in 2015 I was not able to make any; could have been that they were all gone between 4p and 7p, not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter