DVC Mike enjoying BLT

I am so glad to hear that AP & Jiko did better than Flying Fish- so, so sorry for your wife, Mike, especially since you just went through this on your last trip. :hug:

Very glad things are looking up for you on the rest of your trip! Thanks for the (as usual) glorious photos!

The photos are wonderful, thanks for sharing. Hope you wife is back to feeling great.

My guess would be that since you have been in contact with Guest Claims you will not hear from Flying Fish.

We had dinner at Jiko tonight. It was nice to see the Christmas tree and decorations.

The menu at Jiko has changed since the last time we were there. While the filet mignon with mac&cheese wasn't on the menu (it now comes with sweet corn risotto), you can still order it (which I did).

Interestingly, after we talked with the manager at the Contemporary and Guest Claims about Flying Fish, we had the head chef come out at both Artist Point last night and Jiko tonight.

Okay, so maybe I CAN eat at Jiko this trip. I actually cancelled our reservations for this week after I saw the menu change. Unlike your wife, my issue is with corn, not gluten. We hope to do Artist Point next. I don't have any ADRs, but we have often found we don't need them this time of year. I have decided I refuse to let my schedule be a slave to dining booking 6 months ahead of my trip, so we usually wing it until we get here and know what we are doing.

I'm glad your wife is feeling better.

Wasn't yesterday glorious? It's not so nice this morning, but it will warm as the day goes on.

So sorry to hear about your problems at Flying Fish, I can't believe as thorough as you are with the chef that this has happened twice. Thanks for posting temperatures, I know it can be different from year to year but looking for times with moderate temps to travel. My DW won't be able to handle the hot temps any longer. Hope you trip goes without further problems!

So, a cold front moved in last night. We had a little bit of rain and some wind. We went up to the Top of the World Lounge. It was cold enough that I just ordered hot chocolate. At 9:30pm, we went out to watch holiday Wishes from the top of BLT.

Today, we have the Annual DVC meeting, which I’ve been going to every year for the past several years. I’m wondering what the spin will be this year. Last year was all about Aulani and the announcement of online booking before the year is over. Will they announce that it’s finally ready? What will they say about the larger than average increases in annual dues for some of the resorts?

I admit I am very much into having a room with a view, and for me, the Magic Kingdom view rooms at Bay Lake Tower provide the best view. I can’t tell you how much time I spend gazing out the window, watching the monorails, boats, and steam locomotive go by. You’d think I was crazy.

I like the shot below, as it has a monorail whizzing by with a boat in the background. The rain is gone and it’s a sunny day.

DM_20111208_103129 by DVC Mike, on Flickr

As usual, you have beautiful photos, Mike. I'm so sorry to hear about your wife getting ill again. It's disheartening that the chefs have been so lax about your non-gluten requests. I'm very glad to hear you have two successful meals afterwards...Jiko is one of our favorites. We enjoyed our 10-year anniversary dinner there in October and it didn't disappoint. They have some of the best vegetarian options.

the fireworks from the deck are amazing!!!

how much colder did it turn - leaving tomorrow and hoping for warmer weather.

your pictures are great!:worship:

I attended the DVC Annual Meeting. Highlights:

• Grand Floridian announced! Opening end of 2014.
  • On-line booking starts gradually beginning Jan 19
  • DVC members will be able to purchase Tables in Wonderland without an AP
  • More TV channels including FOX News
  • Point reallocations are coming again
  • Vacation planner being mailed tomorrow – handed out at meeting

http://i235.*************************************DM_20111208_162603.jpg

Some quick pics from the 2011 DVC Annual Meeting.

http://i235.*************************************DM_20111208_134441.jpg

Our new head of DVC is at the far left.

http://i235.*************************************DM_20111208_143138.jpg

Below is a photo of her from the projection screen

http://i235.*************************************DM_20111208_140508.jpg

Wow. Any more info about point allocations? Cool about TIW, better than ddp for sure.

Glad your wife is feeling better. A hospital stay is no picnic, but what if this were a person with a life threatening allergy? They need to be more careful.
LOVING your pictures as always. Only 4.5 more weeks until we are at the world for marathon weekend.

You know how you know your photos are good? Because I'm sitting here looking at them thinking, "I wish I was freaking there right now".

So, they ever going to build a bridge so people can walk to the MK from the GF?

Mike, What type of camera do you use for your photo taking? I just love how your photos turn out, they look so professional.

Hope your wife is doing much better. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

I attended the DVC Annual Meeting. Highlights:

• DVC members will be able to purchase Tables in Wonderland without an AP

Woohoo, able to purchase TIW without APs was high on my list of desired DVC improvements! Did they announce when this new policy would go into effect, Mike?

I admit I am very much into having a room with a view, and for me, the Magic Kingdom view rooms at Bay Lake Tower provide the best view. I can’t tell you how much time I spend gazing out the window, watching the monorails, boats, and steam locomotive go by. You’d think I was crazy.

You are not crazy!!! We do exactly the same thing. Dh even rearranged the furniture in the room putting the sofa facing the window so we could sit on it and watch the Magic Kingdom go by!!

Enjoy!! Glad to hear Mrs DVC Mike is much better!

Cyndi

You are not crazy!!! We do exactly the same thing. Dh even rearranged the furniture in the room putting the sofa facing the window so we could sit on it and watch the Magic Kingdom go by!!

Enjoy!! Glad to hear Mrs DVC Mike is much better!

Cyndi

Same here, have never spent that much time in our room either. :wizard: Although we did leave the sofa alone.

So, we were unable to attend the Merry Member Mixer on Tuesday at Epcot, due to my wife still recovering.

When we got back to our room, we found the note below, along with 2011 DVC Christmas ornament and a limited edition DVC pin they were selling at the mixer.

How nice!

http://i235.*************************************DM_20111208_174757.jpg

So, we were unable to attend the Merry Member Mixer on Tuesday at Epcot, due to my wife still recovering.

When we got back to our room, we found the note below, along with 2011 DVC Christmas ornament and a limited edition DVC pin they were selling at the mixer.

How nice!

I am glad that someone is trying to make things right for you! :thumbsup2

How nice!

:thumbsup2 Always nice for a little pixie dust to happen.

You know how you know your photos are good? Because I'm sitting here looking at them thinking, "I wish I was freaking there right now".

So, they ever going to build a bridge so people can walk to the MK from the GF?

A bridge might impose too much on the sight lines. ... maybe a tunnel? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!