DVC Moonlight Magic at Disney California Adventure Park - November 14th

We got in, now on to shift all our plans one day forward to be able to attend.

Although I did register for this event I feel DVC did a poor job on announcing this Moonlight Magic. I never received an email, it was not advertised in the recent DVC Disney Files Magazine and it was only by luck I found out about it by just searching the DVC web site several days prior.

Although I did register for this event I feel DVC did a poor job on announcing this Moonlight Magic. I never received an email, it was not advertised in the recent DVC Disney Files Magazine and it was only by luck I found out about it by just searching the DVC web site several days prior.
Same. Maybe this is why it is not yet "sold out".

We've never been to a Moonlight Magic ... we've missed out all these years :(

But we got tickets for this one. Is it worth it? We would have to fly in .. trying to see if it worth our time. TIA! :)

The event was announced in the October 2019 DVC Member Insider email which I received on October 3rd.

But we got tickets for this one. Is it worth it? We would have to fly in .. trying to see if it worth our time. TIA! :)

Last year the DCA event was a fiasco. We were staying at VGC so had no problems, but people were complaining about horrendous parking issues and incredibly long lines for food to use the vouchers. The lines for rides were also ridiculously long as there aren’t as many available rides in DCA as DL. We much prefer the DL MM events.

We are very local to DLR so we always attend the events, but I’m not sure I’d go out of my way (flights, hotel, etc) to attend this November at DCA. The only thing that might make it better than last year is that WOC is back up and running. A year ago there was absolutely no nighttime entertainment (WOC was broken/being refurbished all year) at the event which didn’t help the line situations at all. A trip to DLR is always amazing during the holidays, but this event by itself is likely not worth it.

The event was announced in the October 2019 DVC Member Insider email which I received on October 3rd.

Last year the DCA event was a fiasco. We were staying at VGC so had no problems, but people were complaining about horrendous parking issues and incredibly long lines for food to use the vouchers. The lines for rides were also ridiculously long as there aren’t as many available rides in DCA as DL. We much prefer the DL MM events.

We are very local to DLR so we always attend the events, but I’m not sure I’d go out of my way (flights, hotel, etc) to attend this November at DCA. The only thing that might make it better than last year is that WOC is back up and running. A year ago there was absolutely no nighttime entertainment (WOC was broken/being refurbished all year) at the event which didn’t help the line situations at all. A trip to DLR is always amazing during the holidays, but this event by itself is likely not worth it.
Will a fast pass still be required to watch woc?

There is still space open for the event, if anyone want in. I just registered. I couldn't find the sign up on the Member website, so I just followed the link given on the previous page and it worked just fine.

Melissa

We've never been to a Moonlight Magic ... we've missed out all these years :(

"Worth our time" (and expenses) is a personal decision, of course. FWIW, we've attended three MM events at WDW flying in from San Diego. We built a trip around the event and enjoyed each one. We've been to each at DLR, alternating between DCA and DL and only been disappointed once (DCA, Nov 2018).

For me, the major delight of the local events (DL and DCA) is that I'd been without APs for the California Parks for a long time ... and only had entrance because of the MM event. What a joy! What a total thrill to ride the Incredicoaster and GotG for the first time last Nov! And to revisit DL in January ... I fell in love with my "first Disney park" all over again (see trip report)

So if you haven't visited this park in awhile ... perhaps it is time to revisit?? A free event is a great opportunity!

Thank you very much! ... I'm definitely giving this a second thought ....

I read of the Nov MM event here, on DisBoards, as folks announced receiving that email. I never got the email. I get some Disney email (mostly west coast stuff) ... but not the DVC Member Insider. I've checked my settings, given them permission to send email and checked my spam folder. Nada. :(

I agree that last year's event at DCA was a huge mess. I also stayed at VGC, and there was still a decent line to get in. And then it was crowded the whole night and food lines long. I also don't think Disney was shagging people out who did not have tickets as I was only asked once to see my wristband and normally they ask all over to see it. January at Disneyland was so much better and I hope they learned from the DCA fiasco and this one will be much better. Hoping for at least 1 World of Color showing to "suck" up the people for awhile making lines shorter. I think that played into the mess too.

Does anyone by any chance have an extra ticket they will not be using for moonlight magic at dca?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter