DVC opening price plus general discounts?

dolewhipdreams

Counting days until my next Dole Whip
Hi all, I'm a direct DVC owner so I know I can get opening day prices but what I can't seem to find is if I can combine those prices with current discounts. So for right now I'm looking at a China trip in 2020 and they just announced a $400 pp savings on the dates I'm looking at.

Does anyone know if I can get the DVC opening day price plus the $400 savings? Or is it one or the other?

Thanks!

11/20 ETA: See this post for an additional question https://www.disboards.com/threads/dvc-opening-price-plus-general-discounts.3774476/post-61279244

Last edited:
I am also DVC, and we have been able to take advantage of opening day pricing plus whatever discount is offered. I believe the DVC opening day price is a courtesy to DVC members and not an actual discount. It's not listed as a perk on the DVC member website.

I am also DVC, and we have been able to take advantage of opening day pricing plus whatever discount is offered. I believe the DVC opening day price is a courtesy to DVC members and not an actual discount. It's not listed as a perk on the DVC member website.
Awesome thank you, that's what I was hoping!

Yes, I think what you *can't* do is expect to get opening day pricing plus any early booking discounts that were available on opening day.

But since it's a current offer, you should be able to combine them. Let us know if it works or not!

Sayhello

I'm opening this back up because I'm a little confused. This will be my first ABD booked as a DVC member with a blue card. I guess my understanding was that a perk as a DVC member was that I would be guaranteed the price of the trip as it was the day it was open for booking, regardless of when I book it.

However, I've put out quote requests to a few TAs and their pricing does not reflect opening day costs. It's the same as the cost that's on there now, even though I know it's gone up. I didn't manage to write down opening day prices but I remember it being lower.

I asked for clarification from one TA and she said "The early booking pricing is an early booking bonus- on the day the itineraries are released. This is a different promotion of $400 off per person."
There is currently a promo for $400 off per person for the trip and date I'm looking at

Can anyone shed light on this? Did I misunderstand the opening day pricing perk?

I am not DVC so bear with me, I may be wrong. But if I had to wager a guess... on opening day, the prices are reflecting the early booking discount, so if you look closely it will show a price, a strikethrough, and a lower price. But that discount is only available for the first couple of people per trip. So opening day price is not necessarily opening day price (with promotional early booking discount).

We are a DVC member and booked Italy using the DVC early booking. The early booking price factors in a discount. You should also consider using a travel agent that offers a booking credit. We use Dreams Unlimited and they do a great job. With the early booking discount, the travel agent credit and paying with discounted Disney gift cards we were able to save 1/3 from what people are paying now.

We are a DVC member and booked Italy using the DVC early booking. The early booking price factors in a discount. You should also consider using a travel agent that offers a booking credit. We use Dreams Unlimited and they do a great job. With the early booking discount, the travel agent credit and paying with discounted Disney gift cards we were able to save 1/3 from what people are paying now.
That's my plan. I actually asked for a quote from Dreams and it was the exact same price as what's listed on the website as well, even though I told them I'm DVC.

That's my plan. I actually asked for a quote from Dreams and it was the exact same price as what's listed on the website as well, even though I told them I'm DVC.

It would be the same price. That is the price all travel agents get from Disney. It reflects any applicable discount. It does not include the Dreams credit.

It would be the same price. That is the price all travel agents get from Disney. It reflects any applicable discount. It does not include the Dreams credit.
The early pricing is only for a limited number of bookings. Once those bookings are taken the price increases. I believe when we booked at the opening price there were only like 4 slots at that price so we got lucky and got 3 of them since we have the DVC early booking.

The early pricing is only for a limited number of bookings. Once those bookings are taken the price increases. I believe when we booked at the opening price there were only like 4 slots at that price so we got lucky and got 3 of them since we have the DVC early booking.
Okay I understand much better now, that makes a lot of sense. Thankfully there's a good deal going on with both ABD and Dreams right now which will bring the price down quite a bit!

Don't forget about buying discounted gift cards. The problem is that if you cancel the payment goes back on the gift cards until you can use them. BJ is offering 6% off for their Black Friday ad. I know you can get better deals but with the volume that we need for our trip we purchased through them.

Don't forget about buying discounted gift cards. The problem is that if you cancel the payment goes back on the gift cards until you can use them. BJ is offering 6% off for their Black Friday ad. I know you can get better deals but with the volume that we need for our trip we purchased through them.
That's a good idea! I might be having a little blank moment, but what is BJ?

BJ is BJ warehouse. You have to buy a $10 online membership. Also if you go to the budget board you will see a thread about Disney gift cards and they share other ways to get good discounts on Disney gift cards.

BJ is BJ warehouse. You have to buy a $10 online membership. Also if you go to the budget board you will see a thread about Disney gift cards and they share other ways to get good discounts on Disney gift cards.
I'll do that, thank you!

The opening day price for the DVC "discount" is defined as the price it was on opening day *minus* any early booking discount. They don't consider the price to include that discount. So, in your case, the price has not gone up since opening day, they just don't have any early booking discounts this far out. However, it appears a lot of itineraries are not selling that well, so there is a current booking discount offer available on a lot of trips. Make sure booking with the DVC "discount" doesn't prevent you from getting any current offers. I don't believe it does, but I'd check just to be sure.

The DVC guarantee is NOT a discount. It is a perk offered to DVC members. It guarantees opening day pricing regardless of when you book.

It does not guarantee any early booking discounts offered when dates were released. That promo had an expiration date. It’s over.

It also does not guarantee availability.

There is a current promo and if space is available, you can get opening day pricing and the promo, if available.

The DVC guarantee will never show up in any posted pricing. An agent will need to have your DVC number and have a Vacationista apply that number. If the prices has not increased, there is no benefit.

None of this has anything to do with the Dreams booking discount. That’s something offered to every guest that books with Dreams. It’s based on the total cost of your Aventure.

If you have an existing reservation, you are not eligible for any new promo. Those are for new bookings only.

As long as your reservation was booked within the last 30 days and is not paid in full, it can be transferred to Dreams in order to receive our booking discount.

The Dreams booking discount is based on everything booked through ABD...Adventure, insurance, additional nights and airfare.

If I can assist, you can reach me st Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.coom.

Last edited:
The DVC guarantee is NOT a discount. It is a perk offered to DVC members. It guarantees opening day pricing regardless of when you book.

It does not guarantee any early booking discounts offered when dates were released. That promo had an expiration date. It’s over.

It also does not guarantee availability.

There is a current promo and if space is available, you can get opening day pricing and the promo, if available.

The DVC guarantee will never show up in any posted pricing. An agent will need to have your DVC number and have a Vacationista apply that number. If the prices has not increased, there is no benefit.

None of this has anything to do with the Dreams booking discount. That’s something offered to every guest that books with Dreams. It’s based on the total cost of your Aventure.

If you have an existing reservation, you are not eligible for any new promo. Those are for new bookings only.

As long as your reservation was booked within the last 30 days and is not paid in full, it can be transferred to Dreams in order to receive our booking discount.

The Dreams booking discount is based on everything booked through ABD...Adventure, insurance, additional nights and airfare.

If I can assist, you can reach me st Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.coom.

Thank you for the excellent explanation.

So just to clarify, you are only eligible for the DVC opening day promo if you buy your contract direct from Disney, not a resale, correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!