DVC other benefits

Jaga

Earning My Ears
I was just wondering about whether or not membership to DVC provides additional benefits and discounts similar to AP? If so can someone please comment on them and if they are of any substantial benefit......will it save me CASH!!!

Thanks again

DVC does provide a 10% discount at TDS and at PI. There are a number of discounts at WDW restaurants, tours and other programs available. There is a 10% discount on Unlimited Magic Passes and a 25% discount on cash reservations at DVC resorts- when available.

I prefer not to think of DVC as a discount program other than the great deal we get on accommodations. There are some worthwhile discounts, but IMHO, that is not the reason to join DVC.

There are no discounts on rooms at other WDW resorts or on Hopper passes or AP's thru DVC.

Thanks for that rapid reply.

I agree that DVC is all about the MOUSE and accomodations but my DW spens sooo much money at World of Disney each year....last week the bill was £500!!!

PS what is TDS ....I gather PI is Pleasure Island

Hi Jaga,

TDS stands fo "The Disney Store".
Do you have those on your side of the pond?
At our house it is not my DW that spends too much at WDW it's me.
So what is 500 pounds in dollars?
Hope you and yours have a "Welcome Home" in the near future.

DVC gets a discount at The Disney Store locations. But, World of Disney at DD is not considered part of the chain so....no discount. I've found that joining the Disney Club is a good way to get the best discounts from both our DVC membership and DC.

Mentioning World of Disney reminds me....anybody had success/problems using American Express and getting the resort guest discount at the DD stores? We had reports of some people being denied the discount if it didn't include two cash nights. Any recent experiences?

DH picked up an AMEX benefits flyer AFTER I spent $150 at World of Disney :mad: and I didn't have the energy or gumption to take the stuff back and get the discount. However, I wasn't done shopping :D . We spent exactly $50 at the Christmas store and used AMEX to get the discount, and also spent enough at the Home store to get it. I didn't have any problems.
Robin M.

FYI - Yes we do have LOTS of TDS in many malls in the UK and £500 is about $750 US

Any discount would have been welcome and I guess I also missed out onthe AMEX offer...oh well next time maybe.

How do you join the Disney Club...or get a MK card

Pam- i didn't have any problems getting the amex discount(better than the dc or dvc discount) this past september or may at the christmas store and the pooh store. most recent shopping excursion was the beginning of may.

I've been denied discounts on my AMEX and DVC card in the past at DTD. So I joined Disney Club and have AP's.

In the future, I'll be more inquisitive about the discounts and spend more to get more.

Is there a card out there that I don't have?? Post it!

LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter