• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Payment

Tim lewis

Earning My Ears
Can anyone advise on the best way to pay the balance of my membership ?

My bank is the Woolwich and I don't believe they do Foreign currency cheques.

I paid the deposit with Visa Debit card - does anyone know if I can do the same with the balance.

Thought I'd try and find out before my reps calls from DVC.

Thanks.:p

We paid with our credit card :) It's certainly a very easy way to pay for us with only UK funds.

If you have a cc to use, and if the amount due is likely to take you over your card limit, (or if you just want a bit more time to pay! ;) ), ask your guide if you can split the amount due into two payments. Our guide suggested this for us, and I'm sure we could have made three installments if we'd wanted to.

I'm not sure whether a debit card will work in the same way.

Some Visa debit cards have foreign transaction costs of upto 2%, Nationwide credit card has 0% and also, their credit card at teh moment has 0% interest for 6 months.

Could buy you some time and save you money.

Thanks for your replies - I like the idea of splitting into two payments.

Hilary - did you make 2 payments on 2 different cards at the same time , or did they give you a gap between payments on the same card ?

We split the payment by making payments on the same card on two dates a month apart. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter