DVC Point Rental - Wait or Change My Request? Help!

Update! We changed our request to non-contingent on 1/10, got our first room by 1/19 and the second by 1/21. So we are all booked and ready for the Poly in October!

Thanks again for all of the advice & feedback!
Please excuse my ignorance (im new here, planning a Nov 2020 trip) but what is the difference between “contingent“ and “non-contingent“ with rentals? I have a request out with two of the most popular sites and am currently waitlisted on both.

Hi!

I really have no advice, but I just rented points for the Poly at the 7-month mark today for our stay in August. I used the rental board on this forum. Within the 7-month window, points can be used at any DVC resort, so you don’t necessarily need to rent from someone with Poly points. If you can’t find a renter on this forum, there are quite a few FB groups for renting points.

I find renting from the person directly, rather than through David’s or other rental agencies, a couple dollars cheaper per point. It’s super easy. I only contacted the renter last night, and after a few emails back and forth, I paid and received the confirmation number, and I have the reservation all set up in MDE already.
How do you determine what renters are trustworthy on these boards? I would love to do something like this, but am nervous about the potential of a scam and seeing thousands of dollars go down the drain 😳.

Please excuse my ignorance (im new here, planning a Nov 2020 trip) but what is the difference between “contingent“ and “non-contingent“ with rentals? I have a request out with two of the most popular sites and am currently waitlisted on both.

Contingent means both rooms have to be available for them to proceed with booking. Non-contingent means as soon as they can secure 1 room they will book it even if they can't book the other at that time.

Contingent means both rooms have to be available for them to proceed with booking. Non-contingent means as soon as they can secure 1 room they will book it even if they can't book the other at that time.
Ahh, I see. So this only works for people who need multiple rooms instead of needing just the one room then, correct?

Ahh, I see. So this only works for people who need multiple rooms instead of needing just the one room then, correct?

Yes. If you only need one room, contingent and non-contingent do not come into play.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!