DVC pool hopping?

Is it true that if I'm staying DVC you can pool hop at the Contemporary and Grand Floridian? We're staying at the boardwalk, but the GF pool is my favorite for some reason. I love the monorail coming by and the slide is perfect for my kids. I'd love to take a morning and drive to the GF pool if this is the case. Are you allowed to park there without a dining reservation, or do you have to take resort busses/monorail to get there? It's a lot of effort for a pool, I know, but we just love it there. Some of our best vacation memories are at that pool.

Thank you!
It's not true is you are staying DVC. You must own DVC and be staying on your own DVC points in order to pool hop.

CSR pool is the best. We pool hop it most every trip.

Oh, and we get into the PVR pool all the time. Just follow someone through the gate.....🤫

I love pool hopping but feel there isn’t continuity to pools they restrict hopping to. BWV has in my opinion one of the smallest pools and limited seating. I have owned there since 1996 and have always found it difficult to get a chair.

Didn’t know you could do that! Great info! Thanks
If you are renting points, you cannot pool hop. You must be staying on your own points and pool hopping cannot be blacked out for that time frame.

I never understood why one would want to pool hop in the first place. Why not stay where you want to swim?

Same here. We don’t want to bring all of our stuff to another resort’s pool and then have to go back to our resort. We’ve talked about doing it, but we never do for that reason. However, my thoughts are that this is a perk of DVC, so I am glad some members are utilizing it. :)

Same here. We don’t want to bring all of our stuff to another resort’s pool and then have to go back to our resort. We’ve talked about doing it, but we never do for that reason. However, my thoughts are that this is a perk of DVC, so I am glad some members are utilizing it. :)

That’s how I feel as well. I’d think it would be more of a headache than anything. I love going right up to my room after the pool and head directly into the shower. To each their own.

As someone who frequently stays there the pools aren't too exciting at GF anyway ;)

They're beautiful for sure. But not in the top 5 WDW pools at all.

I never understood why one would want to pool hop in the first place. Why not stay where you want to swim?
I haven't done it yet, but plan to. We travel in the summer. It will be nice to be able to leave epcot after lunch for a couple of hours and hop into the clown pool at boardwalk to cool down and relax before going back to the park. Beats having to double monorail back to BLT, or bus back to OKW just to take a break.

Boardwalk is easy for HS and Epcot. Contemporary is easy for Magic Kingdom.

We're DVC members, but did a bonus Out of Points Cash Stay at POFQ last year. It's a charming resort and 6 y.o. g-girl made friends with Lifeguard Randee the first day. Randee has become a dear friend and even pixie dusted us with love and adorable in-room gifts our last night. There is NO WAY we're going to WDW (8 days at the Poly in May 2020) without hitting up our Randee at the pool at POFQ. We love her, and that's why we will pool hop.

So I can tell you why one would want to pool hop. We travel with friends quite frequently and unfortunately the pandemic shattered our 4th of July plans. So we rebooked for August. Got what we could. We are NOT at the same resort....for different reasons....but the days we will be there together, we will be pool hopping to each others resorts so the kids can be together.

So I can tell you why one would want to pool hop. We travel with friends quite frequently and unfortunately the pandemic shattered our 4th of July plans. So we rebooked for August. Got what we could. We are NOT at the same resort....for different reasons....but the days we will be there together, we will be pool hopping to each others resorts so the kids can be together.

Are your friends DVC members? If not, they are not allowed to pool hop.

I do think, given the capacity limits, we may see some changes to pool hopping this summer,,,just keep that in mind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!