DVC Rental Question - Possible member mistake?

Princess Kylo Ren

Earning My Ears
Hopefully, this is the right place for this. Apologies if it isn't, I'm brand new to the boards.

So a few months back I set up a DVC rental for Kidani in January. I was emailed the confirmation number, linked it to My Disney Experience, no problem. Then this morning another random DVC reservation popped up in my account for the same resort in November. Am I somehow linked to the DVC member now or was this a mistake on their part? I'm not sure how the reservation was connected to me at all since the member I rented from isn't in my friends and family list.

I already reached out to the Timeshare Store and DVC Member services but I was just curious to know if anyone has had this experience before. I find the whole thing very odd. Especially since I had to manually add the rental I actually set up to my account. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

That is very strange and have never heard of that before, especially given that you and the DVC owner are not family/friends through DME. It will be interesting in what TTS says. As long as your reservation is still there, then at least you know that has not been affected.

Looks like it was probably a mistake by the Member after all. TTS must have reached out to them after I let them know because it's gone now. Super weird though.

Thankfully my January reservation is all good.

Looks like it was probably a mistake by the Member after all. TTS must have reached out to them after I let them know because it's gone now. Super weird though.

Thankfully my January reservation is all good.
Glad it has been resolved but I don’t understand how it could have happened in the first place. It’s not as if the DVC owner would have had access to your MDE account to link the November reservation to it. And even if they did, the names on the reservation would have to match names that were in MDE.

Glad it has been resolved but I don’t understand how it could have happened in the first place. It’s not as if the DVC owner would have had access to your MDE account to link the November reservation to it. And even if they did, the names on the reservation would have to match names that were in MDE.

I agree. No idea how it got linked to me. Maybe the member booked over the phone and a cast member accidentally linked it to me since they saw I had a reservation under the membership? That's the only somewhat sensible explanation I can think of.

There have been several reports of MDE IT issues lately. I subscribe to the "IT glitch" theory.

My take away is that it's always a good idea to periodically review the MDE account to make sure all is as expected.

I haven’t made a reservation on DVC yet. But on the regular system, you attach the party/profile to a reservation. Once it’s attached, it remains as a selectable member unless you remove it.

If it works the same, it’s possible you were simply included as a member on the Nov reservation.

I haven’t made a reservation on DVC yet. But on the regular system, you attach the party/profile to a reservation. Once it’s attached, it remains as a selectable member unless you remove it.

If it works the same, it’s possible you were simply included as a member on the Nov reservation.
In order for that to happen, the OP would have not only had to be mistakenly added to the Nov. reservation, they would also have to be a part of the “friends & family” group that the other guests were in.

My money is on an IT glitch.

I figured it might be something like that. Still kind of odd though. I guess I'll just be in their list forever. Unless they can manually remove me. Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!