DVC Rentals(from Owners perspective)

I am booking a November and January trip hoping that one of the trips will happen to use our points up by the January 31st expiry. We also have rented our friends points at the end of August. I am expecting that trip will be cancelled either because of border closure, flights cancelled, health insurance not covering us or quarantine rules upon arrival there or coming home. "just keep waiting, just keep waiting"(sing it to Nemo musical)

I have found most of the time just letting my friends know I have points available to rent has helped. They have even told friends of friends. Except for once when I rented my points out through David's I have rented out points to friends and friends of friends and been very happy. Not sure how that will work if you have points that have an expiration date soon though.

I just rented out my expiring points on the disboards rent/trade board. I sent a payment request to my renter through PayPal, and ensured my preferred currency was USD, but I was charged a $21.95 USD fee by PayPal when she sent the payment to me. Does anyone know if there is any way to avoid this fee? Maybe I shouldn't have sent her a request for payment, but it should have come directly from her? I have heard about Friends & Family, but I don't know if this is something specific you have to set up in your PayPal account? Maybe this $21.95 fee is unavoidable, but I thought I would ask the Dis. Thanks for any advice!

The only way to avoid that fee is to have the payer select the Friends and Family on their end so if you sent a request for payment they may not have had that option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter