dvc rentals or davids

panz1956

Earning My Ears
Hi guys, was in the process of renting dvc, has anyone used dvc rentals or davids and how were they to work with, thanks Brian

We've used David's several times. Great experiences, very professional with excellent communication. The only drawback is as they are based in Canada, you want to be careful with your credit card as there may be foreign transaction fees.

I used David's for my trip a couple of weeks of ago. And I have another trip booked through them in a couple of months.

No snags so far. I give them an A+.

Several days before the 11 month window for my trip opened I submitted my top 3 choices and the $120ish deposit.

They wrote back saying it's too early, we may not be able to accommodate your request, would you like us to hold your request.

I said yes, please hold my request.

In both cases, within a couple of days of the 11 month window opening, I got confirmation of my first choice. I then immediately paid the remaining balance (it's due then).

Within a couple of hours of paying the balance, I got a copy of the rental agreement.

And then I was able to use the confirmation number to add the reservation to MDE.

As far as my stay at Boulder Ridge, it was perfect. Exactly the room I wanted and I was able to go to concierge and request daily housekeeping (about $30/day).

I'm so excited about our next trip at a DVC (Bay Lake Tower)! And now I'm trying to figure out when we can manage a stay at the DVCs at the Poly and Grand Floridian....

I used David's for my trip a couple of weeks of ago. And I have another trip booked through them in a couple of months.

No snags so far. I give them an A+.

Several days before the 11 month window for my trip opened I submitted my top 3 choices and the $120ish deposit.

They wrote back saying it's too early, we may not be able to accommodate your request, would you like us to hold your request.

I said yes, please hold my request.

In both cases, within a couple of days of the 11 month window opening, I got confirmation of my first choice. I then immediately paid the remaining balance (it's due then).

Within a couple of hours of paying the balance, I got a copy of the rental agreement.

And then I was able to use the confirmation number to add the reservation to MDE.

As far as my stay at Boulder Ridge, it was perfect. Exactly the room I wanted and I was able to go to concierge and request daily housekeeping (about $30/day).

I'm so excited about our next trip at a DVC (Bay Lake Tower)! And now I'm trying to figure out when we can manage a stay at the DVCs at the Poly and Grand Floridian....
Thanks for the info, were you able to add dining, tickets, etc, thanks

We’ve used David’s multiple times and have nothing but good things to say.

We buy tickets directly from Disney, and have not done the dining plan since we’ve started renting points because from what I understand the member needs to be given your credit card number to book and I’m not comfortable with that.

Last edited:
I've used David's a couple times now, no complaints. I buy my tickets from third parties (Undercover Tourist) and don't do Dining Plan because it doesn't make sense financially, but I like having them as an agent. They facilitated me doing a room request and setting up Magical Express (and I was probably a pain in their butt on that stuff, in all honesty): the member from whom I rented points didn't respond immediately and they were apologetic, even though we were working on stuff like 10 months out and a couple weeks made absolutely no difference.

I highly recommend.

Has anyone here used the DIS forum for renting?
I did over 10 years ago. I was pretty lucky in that the person I rented from back then has lots of points and has rented to us at least 10 times since then! So I never have had to search for (and trust) a new DVC member for every trip.

Look at what they pay an owner. Many agencies pay a lot less than David's and so get a lot less point offers from owners.

If you're looking at an agency because they seem to be cheaper to you, it means they pay less to the owner. Ask yourself why most owners would choose that over more cash?

Look at what they pay an owner. Many agencies pay a lot less than David's and so get a lot less point offers from owners.

If you're looking at an agency because they seem to be cheaper to you, it means they pay less to the owner. Ask yourself why most owners would choose that over more cash?

Curious - is Davids the go to from most owners POV? Good to know because like you were getting at, the more owners the better for us.

I've rented from Davids around a dozen times, most recently twice this year. Never once had an issue, they are great to work with.

Just got back from a BLT stay rented through David’s. They were excellent to deal with. I contacted them about a week before the 11 month window, and they were able to secure a 2 bedroom in about a month. During the month I was waiting they were very helpful about the other resorts where they had availability immediately. I decided to stay with BLT based on their advice and what I wanted came through. I also added the dining plan and magical express many months after booking without issue. I bought tickets from UT. Happy planning!

We have a reservation for April, currently through DVC. Process was pretty easy and we got exactly what we wanted (1 BR BLT). I like that they do not require full payment at the time of booking. I've heard nothing bad about David's, but I'm pretty sure they require full payment immediately.

It is true DVC tacks on a CC charge of 3-4 percent on dining plan addition and you can't use gift cards.

We have an AKL rental coming up in January that we booked through DVC Rental Store. The reservation process was fairly easy. Added the dining plan today. We only want to stay two nights (this time) and I believe David's had a higher point minimum when I was looking. I would use either because they both have great reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!