dvc rentals or davids

Has anyone had experience renting a GF studio from david's before? I know there are so many factors that go into finding availability, but did you have trouble getting a reservation?
We rented points last September at the 11 month mark. GF had 6 of our 7 nights available. We stayed in a studio and absolutely loved it.

This is what ticked me off about them. They make a big deal out of no deposit to check availability, but they require the $100 deposit before they actually try to match you to an owner. So they really are no different from David's. If you really want BWV, it doesn't hurt to wait, but you need to be realistic that you may not get it. I'm waiting on October myself. There are preferred studios at BWV available for my dates, but same as you, no owners with points for it yet. I'm not optimistic.

They will refund the deposit if they don’t get the one you want, so I can get my deposit back or see if another resort or unit type is available.
I am just anxious to get something booked! Lol. I hate this wait. I am checking my emails constantly.

I am a DVC member since 1993. I have regularly sen PM's to people about renting both my points and Confirmed reservations. I just rented a Confirmed reservation to someone which I did by sending them a PM. Someone who recommends that you don't rent from a DVC member this way has a hidden agenda of some kind to ignore PM"s.

I am a DVC member since 1993. I have regularly sen PM's to people about renting both my points and Confirmed reservations. I just rented a Confirmed reservation to someone which I did by sending them a PM. Someone who recommends that you don't rent from a DVC member this way has a hidden agenda of some kind to ignore PM"s.
Or because it's against board rules.

So is it allowed here now to talk about the dvcrentalstore.com? I got a stern admonishment from a moderator (and a deleted post) a few weeks ago for even mentioning it.
If you put the website’s URL in your post and it comes out as ********, then it’s a banned website. If that’s the case, then no, we cannot discuss it. However, dvrentals.com is not the same thing.

As is mentioned in this thread on our DVC Rent/Trade board, it is absolutely against board rules to offer points for rent in a PM:

If you are contacted in any way by someone with an offer to rent, transfer or an existing reservation for rent, other than the original poster of any thread to which you have replied, please contact any of the Rent/Trade Moderators as this violates the terms of use for our site. This includes posts on other DIS forums or contact via PM.

There's a Report button at the bottom of PMs/Conversation messages. Please use it to report any PMs you get offering points or reservations for rent.

Has anyone here used the DIS forum for renting?
I have used the Dis forum with great success. Also our family has used David's with nothing but good things to say. If you use the forum on the DIS, do your homework as they suggest. It worked well for us, twice.

I'm one who advises people to ignore private messages. It's the way scammers have gotten people trying to rent points. It you want to rent your points you need to follow the rules on the rent/trade board. Or try another site.

The ONLY place on the DIS where DVC rentals are allowed is the DVC Rent/Trade Board. In order to offer to rent or transfer DVC points, DVC Members MUST first meet posting requirements or purchase a rental plan. Each rental thread is reviewed by board Moderators before being allowed to appear on the Rent/Trade Board.

There are several informational threads pinned at the top of that board with suggestions for both potential renters and DVC Members along with rules to govern how the board works for all. We have been fortunate over the past 20+ years to have had very few issues with rentals gone bad for those renting, but THERE HAVE BEEN SOME SCAMS. While the DIS is NOT INVOLVED with any of these rentals, we have tried to minimize the possibility of renters arriving to check in at their resort and finding they have no reservation.

Since it is apparent that some have chosen to contact potential renters on other DIS Boards about DVC rentals perhaps rental information should be posted here on the 'DIsney Resorts Forum' to aid in reservation decisions. If you are contacted any ANYONE about renting a reservation at ta DVC Resort where you did NOT initiate contact via a rental thread posted on the DVC Rent/Trade Board, PLEASE 'Report' the 'Conversation' as that is NOT allowed and could end poorly for a family Disney vacation.

After evidence of scammers contacting potential renters via 'Conversation' (PM), I posted the following on the DVC Forums on August 9 of this year. The contact was repeated via several aliases were discovered and, fortunately, we have had no reports of any failed reservations as a result.

While it has been quite awhile since we have had any report of a DVC rental scam here on the DIS, there have been two recent reports of some irregularities regarding rental contact by a DIS poster. In both cases, the posters have not lost any money since they wisely chose NOT to go through with the attractive reservation offers.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONTACTED VIA 'CONVERSATION' (PM) in the past few days by someone without an active rental thread on the DVC Rent/Trade Board, please use the 'Report' function available on the PM. (It will be a link at the lower left corner of the message - just click on it with a brief message if you did not initiate contact with this poster.) This will allow us to review the message as we have no other way to see private Conversations.

If you have been contacted about a DVC rental by anyone whom you did not initiate contact (either via PM after reading their rental thread or by posting in their rental thread), please 'Report' the message and/or contact @CarolMN, @Chuck S or me regarding the situation.
PLEASE DO NOT POST USERNAMES IN THIS THREAD.

In order to have a rental thread approved for use on the DVC Rent/Trade Board, DVC Members must be registered for at least 6 months and have at least 50 posts with a minimum of 8 posts in four of the past six months to qualify. Those not registered for 6 months or meeting the posting requirements are allowed to purchase a rental plan.
These posters are NOT vetted by the DIS in any way and no research is routinely done regarding their DVC ownership. This is true both for those with a rental plan and for those meeting the posting requirements. Due diligence needs to be performed by those wanting to rent a reservation made by a DVC Member. The DIS is not involved in rental transactions as they are all personal transactions between the parties involved.

If you are unfamiliar with how our Rent/Trade Board works, there are a couple of threads with information for both potential renters and DVC Members. Potential renters should ask for and review references from the Member, ask for and get home address and phone number, look up DVC ownership using various comptroller office public records, review past posts to get an idea of the personality you might be working with. If ANYTHING seems too good to be true, seems at all suspicious or irregular regarding a rental offer ask for more information before sending any $$$ to a complete stranger you know only thru brief contact on the internet.

REQUIRED READING BEFORE POSTING - DVC Rent/Trade policies - CLARIFIED - 07/13/2019

SUMMARY of Rent/Trade Board Posting Rules

Stay Safe!!

Another note about this thread, there are some business websites in the DIS word filter. Unless you know the business you wish to promote is NOT in our word filter, PLEASE just post a link to any business you want to mention. Several posts have been removed from this thread, with warnings, for violating this aspect of our Guidelines.

If a word or link to a business is in the word filter, it will appear as all asterisks (**********) and everything is good since the filter will have been allowed to perform its intended function. Attempts to suggest other means to locate these words or businesses and a violation of the DIS Guidelines we all agreed to follow when we registered.

Most rental brokers may be mentioned without a link like longtime DIS Sponsor - The Timeshare Store ( www.DVCstore.com ), and David's ( www.DVCrequest.com ). If you wish to mention either of those, a link is not required and there are others as well which are NOT in the filter - BUT - there are a number of business sites in our filter for a variety of reasons.

If there is any doubt whether a business is in the filter, please just post a link. If it appears as www.**********.com, that means it is in the filter and everything is fine. If it appears as www.DVCstore.com, everything is also fine.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation. :)

I just rented time through the DISboards and have done so Since...hummm 2000 I think. Woops...2003.
You need to be an advance planner. Yep....that I am....
Everyone excepting one time has gone smoothly.

Last edited:
I'm using David's for the first time and was told they have no points for us 10 months out. Is staying in the que worth it or should I just make new plans?
I put in for the poly (aug 30-sept 5) on oct 27th and was put in the que, my reservation just came through

I put in for the poly (aug 30-sept 5) on oct 27th and was put in the que, my reservation just came through
I also used David’s and if they advised you your chances are good in the queue I would wait it out. I reached out to them at 11 months but they had no one with the points. They told me I had a good chance and it did come through a few weeks later. You can always ask what the other options are and what they’re advice is. For me AKL and WL were available but I wanted to wait for my 1st choice.

I have used both and they are both fine, IMO. They both have similar policies, so to me, its just a matter of who is going to have the resort/point availability you're looking for. I'm one who tries to secure my reservation between the 7-11 month mark for peace of mind, so I'm typically in need of an owner at the resort I want to book at.

I've also had good luck using the Rent/Trade forum here and at competing sites, but I would not advise it for people new to renting points. While it can be cheaper and even have better terms depending on the owner's contract, I think using a broker to mitigate some of the risk and facilitate the process is the best approach for first timers. There's little caveats with renting DVC points that some people don't realize at first.

Be aware that there is risk even with an agency like Davids. There are currently a couple posts on Facebook where an owner went into foreclosure and reservations were cancelled. They are attempting to work it out through David’s but all that the contract gives is a refund, not replacement accommodations.

Thanks for the info, were you able to add dining, tickets, etc, thanks
We have used David’s twice with no issues. When adding the dining plan make sure you put in the request with David’s more than 30 days prior to arrival. My last trip I put it in late (25 days prior to arrival) and they said it was not guaranteed to be added. It did end up getting added by the owner but I was stressed about it for over a week.

Used both without problems. The biggest difference is that David's requires payment n full once you have a reservation, some others allow a large deposit, then full payment 45 days before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!