DVC Rentals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do other renters have concerns about David’s Vacation Club Rentals $133 fee up front to try to place a reservation request? Their rules state that if they cannot place your request they will refund the fee or apply it to an alternate. When you try to select the alternate, they again want the $133 fee. Sure you can do a work around with an agent, but I've never seen such a thing in the vacation travel industry. Usually the agents make nice and give away little perks to customers, not charge customers a service fee up front, then tell them "no" then demand more service fees. Those of you who like David’s Vacation Club Rentals. can you teach me how you came to like them? I'm so annoyed I can't complete the booking without feeling abused.

Do other renters have concerns about David’s Vacation Club Rentals $133 fee up front to try to place a reservation request? Their rules state that if they cannot place your request they will refund the fee or apply it to an alternate. When you try to select the alternate, they again want the $133 fee. Sure you can do a work around with an agent, but I've never seen such a thing in the vacation travel industry. Usually the agents make nice and give away little perks to customers, not charge customers a service fee up front, then tell them "no" then demand more service fees. Those of you who like David’s Vacation Club Rentals. can you teach me how you came to like them? I'm so annoyed I can't complete the booking without feeling abused.
I've used David's a few times. The fee never bothered me because in the end I always got what I wanted. My trips were all pre-covid, so I have no information about how things are going now. But I trust these people, a friend recommended them after using them several times. So I went for it. So happy I did this. Wonderful vacations. I appreciate a deluxe resort so much more now.

When I use a travel agent to book a vacation, I've always had an up front fee. So I guess it didn't seem strange and doesn't bother me. People are sketchy and you don't want them wasting your time if they aren't serious.

And when I've made big changes to a vacation booked through an agent, I've had to work with the agent to get the fees reapplied to the new reservation. It wasn't automatic on the site.

These are small businesses, they're not going to have the resources to have the backend web store like the big guys. Part of my portfolio at work is a small web store.

This stuff is hard, the web store doesn't talk to my POS and it's all pricey. This year we might spend more money to try to get the POS and webstore on the same platform. Nothing is automatic.

@Proflig8tor You are expecting “travel agent” but rental agencies for DVC are just that - a middleman to rent points from an owner. They are providing a service connecting you (the renter) with a private owner, not a commissioned TA who books direct with a resort.

That said, there are multiple ways to rent DVC points and if you aren’t comfortable with the policies for one, look into another or work directly with sn oener. I will caution you to be fully aware of the rules for renting points as it it generally a “final” transaction without changes or cancellations, unlike the flexibility of booking a traditional resort reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts