DVC resale buyer and DVC-exclusive merchandise

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
I just completed my purchase of my first-ever DVC. It's resale at AKV; it made more financial sense than buying direct, even once I considered the perks associated with direct buyers (I have an AP so don't worry about discounts and I don't feel the absolute need to attend the Moonlight Magic events). I was wondering about the exclusive DVC merchandise. I know there is the line of apparel and stuff, but also they've sometimes had nice pins that are DVC exclusive. Do I need to have the DVC member card, or do CMs not care about verifying membership if you aren't actually using the DVC discount (I supposed I could also pull up my online account on my phone too)?

It's not a deal breaker by any means, I just want to know in advance before I go to buy something and get turned away!

Hard question to answer, since the CMs occasionally ask for a dvc or AP card to give you the appropriate discount, and sometimes they read the magic band for the same verification.

I had to show my blue membership card at Acorn Gifts & Goods at the GCH to be able to purchase one of the DVC exclusive pins. They had them stored behind the counter and wouldn’t hand it over until I pulled my card out. I definitely think YMMV though

Hard question to answer, since the CMs occasionally ask for a dvc or AP card to give you the appropriate discount, and sometimes they read the magic band for the same verification.

I had to show my blue membership card at Acorn Gifts & Goods at the GCH to be able to purchase one of the DVC exclusive pins. They had them stored behind the counter and wouldn’t hand it over until I pulled my card out. I definitely think YMMV though
Thanks! I realized I know a Disney merch CM on twitter so asked her. She agreed that it basically is up to the CM. But most would let you buy something if you just showed something with my name on it. But I'll have to see!

Why in the world would you have to be a DVC member to buy DVC merchandise? Anyone can buy it all day long online.

Why in the world would you have to be a DVC member to buy DVC merchandise? Anyone can buy it all day long online.
The thing I was particularly thinking about were some pins. Last year at Festival of the Holidays they had these nutcracker ornament pins-one AP Exclusive and one DVC exclusive. Luckily I had a friend who is both and was visiting, so she got them for me. Just wondering in the future if I would need to get help from someone else or could do it myself!

The thing I was particularly thinking about were some pins. Last year at Festival of the Holidays they had these nutcracker ornament pins-one AP Exclusive and one DVC exclusive. Luckily I had a friend who is both and was visiting, so she got them for me. Just wondering in the future if I would need to get help from someone else or could do it myself!
Oh ok.

Are there any available resources that show what is currently being promoted as park exclusive merchandise that's available for APH and DVC members? I was curious if anyone documents or keeps track of these things. I was hoping to window shop prior to visiting the parks in the event there is anything we may want to purchase.

Congratulations on your new contract! I know how fun and exciting that can be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter