DVC resale member perks

Diasmom

Mouseketeer
Hi, I’m hoping for some clarification. As I understand it, as a DVC owner through resale we have free parking if we use points but not be able to check in early for pool passes or join member tours since we don’t have the physical card. Staying in a studio will we be able to do laundry for free? It sounds as If they hand out tokens each day. Thanks!

For grabbing pool bands, you don’t need DVC card, but your room key. On your room key, it will be noted DVC if your reservation is done using DVC points, either rental, direct or resale; there is no difference. You should be able to go to DVC member line for early access. This was the case when we were there is 2017; unless, something has changed since then. Also, same thing applies to laundry tokens and parking. You should get free tokens once you present your room key and free parking as well. Parking is a bigger deal as it costs $35/night otherwise, I don’t thing they would charge more than $5 for laundry tokens to other guests, but not sure.

As a DVC resale member staying on points, you will qualify for free parking and complimentary laundry tokens. When we were at Aulani last (June ‘19), we had to show our blue cards to get our DVC specific bands as well as our free popcorn refills. It was also the only way to get the DVC discount on certain activities.

As a DVC resale member staying on points, you will qualify for free parking and complimentary laundry tokens. When we were at Aulani last (June ‘19), we had to show our blue cards to get our DVC specific bands as well as our free popcorn refills. It was also the only way to get the DVC discount on certain activities.
Correct. To get the 10% discount, you either need the DVC blue card or Disney Visa card. It would be noted on your room key. If you have either designation, the discount should work. Also, we got Disney bands when using DVC rental points. I think that is still the case, but maybe someone else who has used rental points recently ( by recently I mean, before the pandemic shutdown) can confirm.

I think that is still the case, but maybe someone else who has used rental points recently ( by recently I mean, before the pandemic shutdown) can confirm.

Unfortunately not. In 2019 they became quite a bit stricter in requiring the physical blue DVC member card to get the DVC Member specific bands. Someone renting DVC points qualifies for free parking but will not be able to get the DVC wristbands. As with all Disney experiences though, it can be a YMMV situation with different CMs, but as a rule the blue card is required in addition to the room key.

Unfortunately not. In 2019 they became quite a bit stricter in requiring the physical blue DVC member card to get the DVC Member specific bands. Someone renting DVC points qualifies for free parking but will not be able to get the DVC wristbands. As with all Disney experiences though, it can be a YMMV situation with different CMs, but as a rule the blue card is required in addition to the room key.
Yes, this is correct. The DVC bands are for members only, and you almost always have to show the blue card to get any kind of DVC discount.

Hi, I’m hoping for some clarification. As I understand it, as a DVC owner through resale we have free parking if we use points but not be able to check in early for pool passes or join member tours since we don’t have the physical card. Staying in a studio will we be able to do laundry for free? It sounds as If they hand out tokens each day. Thanks!
To answer the original question, if you are resale or not, you will get free parking if staying on points. Also, no matter how you are staying, you will have access to the pool as early as 6:00 am on your check-in day, as long as you check-in. I believe that no matter what your resale status is, you can get tokens for the laundry. I am resale, and I get tokens when I ask (I am grandfathered as a blue card member, but never been asked for the card getting the tokens). You can ask for as many tokens as you want, and use them whenever you want. Though I've never asked for more than 2 loads, so I don't know if there is a limit at some point. Getting the discounts (or length of stay benefit at the reef), you do need the blue card.

I believe pools at Aulani open a little later at 8am. Towel huts, to get your daily wrist bands, are not open at 6 am. You can certainly check into front desk at 6am and get that paperwork done.

We stayed on rented points and received DVC bands, but that was before they changed it. FWIW, they were meaningless. We didn't notice or get anything additional or different because of them. I'm not even sure why they differentiate them?

As PPs have mentioned, your free parking will be triggered by the fact that your reservation is made with points. Doesn't matter if you rent or own direct or resale. As renters, we were able to obtain free laundry tokens so you should be able to as well with no issue. I do remember reading a report within the last year or so that a person was asked for their member card for the laundry tokens, but I don't think that's typical.

As a side note about the laundry rooms, they only have 2-3 washers each and the rooms were quite busy. The machines work fast though, so check back often if you need to and go at off times if you can - early or late in the day. If one room is full, there is a room in the other tower in the same location. We had to go from Ewa to Waianae to do laundry because the Ewa laundry room had a machine out of order and there was a line.

I think you‘re talking about the dedicated line for towels for DVC members. Last summer, it didn’t open any earlier and wasn’t any shorter. It was just the first hour of the day. It was kinda silly! They split the towel hut near the splash pad into two sections, one DVC only, one everyone. The everyone line was shorter. I should have switched but was committed at that point- haha. Maybe I hit it on a bad day, and it was probably shorter than the main towel hut, but it’s really not a huge perk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!