DVC resale-which company?

I used Time Share Store on both my resale purchases and was very happy with the service

We bought with dvcstore.com. Well we passed ROFR yesterday. Met Jerry Sydow in person and he was very friendly and helpful even though he wasn’t on the clock. So far it’s been very easy.

Are there any websites that aggregate all the listings? Kind of like Zillow or Realtor.com. Searching the inventory on all the resale websites is super tedious.

Hi All,

Is there anyone that has used both the www.dvcstore.com and www.dvcresalemarket.com for the purchase of resale contracts?

If so, were there any noticeable differences between each of them when going the the resale purchase?

To date, we have only used the www.dvcstore.com and it has been wonderful so far! (Currently in the closing process) However, if there is a second resource for us to find the second contract we are currently looking for, that would be great.

Thank you in advance,

Hi All,

Is there anyone that has used both the www.dvcstore.com and www.dvcresalemarket.com for the purchase of resale contracts?

If so, were there any noticeable differences between each of them when going the the resale purchase?

To date, we have only used the www.dvcstore.com and it has been wonderful so far! (Currently in the closing process) However, if there is a second resource for us to find the second contract we are currently looking for, that would be great.

Thank you in advance,

I searched last night and found ten different sites. I have no idea how reputable they are, but listings ranged from 56-800 on these sites. It is tedious to search all of them and knowing one listing could be on multiple sites at multiple price listings is confusing.

Hi All,

Thank you in advance,
I haven’t used both but I’ve used www.dvcresalemarket.com twice now and they have been great. I basically was looking at all the reputable sites but both times they were the one with the contract I wanted. Both times I negotiated the price and had no trouble. I made an offer on another contract in between the two but the seller was being too tough with their price so I moved on.

I know some sellers don’t want to negotiate, but that’s completely on the seller not the company. If they financed the loan and still owe a lot of money they may NEED to take a certain price per point to get out from under the contract. And some people just want what they want and won’t accept a dime lower.

I am piping in. My very first experience with buying into DVC was not good. I bit down on a listing, got it and got ready to sign off. The broker got back to me and said “oh, sorry—the use year is wrong—but that’s okay—take it anyway.” I had done my homework, thank goodness, and backed out of it! I knew what I wanted and how this whole thing works! I was definitely NOT expecting the old “bait and switch” tactic from such a reputable company (not naming). It almost scared me right out of it!!! I went to Fidelity instead——talked with Bonnie and the entire process has been going ASTOUNDINGLY smooth and fast!! I hit on the listing and signed the contract on 9/27, passed ROFR on 10/15 and signed, sealed and delivered the documents and closing funds on 10/23. Their title company is amazing also! The communication flows and its been a really good experience........

I tried dvcsales.com, but they refused to allow me to include in my offer the seller paying MF or closing costs. They said they don’t do that. They told me to adjust the price per point, then didn’t like the offer. They told me a price per point floor that Disney was taking (which was not accurate).

I submitted a couple of offers anyway, but the seller would not negotiate. I walked.

I ended up with more points at a price per point less than DVCsales’s “floor”, and one I was happy with (with MF and closing costs paid).

I used Fidelity and Bonnie Krampe, who have been great. I also used Vacation Club Loans to get some financing, and they have also been great. Both have communicated well, all over email, and have been timely and responsive.

I am piping in. My very first experience with buying into DVC was not good. I bit down on a listing, got it and got ready to sign off. The broker got back to me and said “oh, sorry—the use year is wrong—but that’s okay—take it anyway.” I had done my homework, thank goodness, and backed out of it! I knew what I wanted and how this whole thing works! I was definitely NOT expecting the old “bait and switch” tactic from such a reputable company (not naming). It almost scared me right out of it!!! I went to Fidelity instead——talked with Bonnie and the entire process has been going ASTOUNDINGLY smooth and fast!! I hit on the listing and signed the contract on 9/27, passed ROFR on 10/15 and signed, sealed and delivered the documents and closing funds on 10/23. Their title company is amazing also! The communication flows and its been a really good experience........
People are really mixed on here with Fidelity for some reason, but based on your story I'm fairly confident I could guess what broker you had a bad experience with. I've dealt with a number of brokers and had some issues that were not always their fault. Fidelity has always been straightforward with me and I have no complaints.

I tried dvcsales.com, but they refused to allow me to include in my offer the seller paying MF or closing costs. They said they don’t do that. They told me to adjust the price per point, then didn’t like the offer. They told me a price per point floor that Disney was taking (which was not accurate).
That's odd. I've worked with Lori and her husband and they were extremely accommodating in the past. Granted that was two years ago now, but I'm surprised they rejected that approach. It's possible they have a technical limitation with their system, since the offers are all automated and processed online.

That's odd. I've worked with Lori and her husband and they were extremely accommodating in the past. Granted that was two years ago now, but I'm surprised they rejected that approach. It's possible they have a technical limitation with their system, since the offers are all automated and processed online.

They would not even consider it. 🤷🏻‍♀️ It is an automatic system, but I negotiate for a living. I felt very much like it was a take it or leave it situation - and I Ieft it. They are absolutely able to have this business model - just as I am able to decline to accept those terms. The contract is still available on their website.

I can give an ANTI-REFERRAL: DVCMagic - Do not trust.

They presented our offer and it was accepted by seller. Started paperwork process with information. Then they presented a second offer 48 hours later, asked for counter, and accepted that one without giving us a single chance to respond (not that we would anyways out of principle). They have no scruples. No fiduciary responsibility.

OTOH - Have one in sale pending with www.dvcstore.com and communications with www.sellmytimesharenow.com and www.fidelityresales.com have been quick, efficient, and on point.

I've bought resale 3 times, all from different companies. I'd encourage prospective buyers to search for the best contract in terms of resort, points per year, UY, bank/borrow status, and price. And pretty much only consider which brokerage to use if two of them list the same contract that you want. I have been satisfied with all the brokerages I've used. The reason I bought from 3 separate places was that each was the best deal for what I was seeking available on the market at the time.

I believe when you list; you specifically agree not to cross-list with another agency. Finding duplicates is rare from my browsing of preferred locations.

I've bought resale 3 times, all from different companies. I'd encourage prospective buyers to search for the best contract in terms of resort, points per year, UY, bank/borrow status, and price. And pretty much only consider which brokerage to use if two of them list the same contract that you want. I have been satisfied with all the brokerages I've used. The reason I bought from 3 separate places was that each was the best deal for what I was seeking available on the market at the time.

It is what I have done with my first contract that is ROFR right now. Just made a list of all the suggested sites I found here on the boards as well as from a google search. Ended up finding two small contracts 30 + 50 on https://www.fidelityresales.com/

I also would check at times but can't vouch for personally (do a search on them if you find a contract):
www.dvcstore.com/www.dvcresalemarket.comwww.sellmytimesharenow.com/disney-vacation-club/dvc-resales/www.dvcsales.com/www.buyatimeshare.com/dvc-resales.aspwww.dvcmagicresales.com/www.dvctimeshares.com/www.dvcbyresale.com/www.atimeshare.com/resorts/disney-vacation-club/www.*************.com/www.vacatia.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!