DVC Reservation glitch - CCV studio

Jwdisney914

Earning My Ears
DVC Gold
So had a DVC room and when showed up there was an issue with the hotel - we had put in a special room request and this wasn’t the issue.

Our reservation in their system somehow got “broken” so we never got assigned a room. So now we are in this corner room on ground level with no privacy because that’s what they had left.

Then on top of that the Disney dining plan credits didn’t work so had to pay for dinner via cash.

Has this ever happened to anyone? If so what did Disney do to make things right if anything?

It sounds like you are in at DVC room like you had booked? Just that it hadn't been assigned prior to your arrival? There's nothing to be made right with that if correct since requests are never guaranteed and someone will end up in the rooms that may not be so perfect.

For the dinner as mentioned you should go to the front desk and they should be able to help get the dining plan corrected.

While you didn’t get your requested room...never guaranteed.., it sounds like you got the villa type you reserved. While no one ever wants the room that the last one, someone will always get it,

Now, if you ended up with a room that is not a DVC villa...but a hotel room...then speak With the manager and share your disappointment in not getting a DVC villa,

I have had trouble with credits, and had to pay, but got reimbursed when they fixed it. However, if you had added the dining plan prior to your arrival, and because of the missing reservation, it is missing, then definitely talk to a manager. They may have to contract MS to get it fixed, Happened to me one, and I had to put up the proof showing I had paid. They were able to then attach it correctly. ,

So had a DVC room and when showed up there was an issue with the hotel - we had put in a special room request and this wasn’t the issue.

Our reservation in their system somehow got “broken” so we never got assigned a room. So now we are in this corner room on ground level with no privacy because that’s what they had left.

Then on top of that the Disney dining plan credits didn’t work so had to pay for dinner via cash.

Has this ever happened to anyone? If so what did Disney do to make things right if anything?
Are you an owner? Did you rent a reservation from someone? Is it traded in from another timeshare? I have never heard someone say the reservation was "broken" and never got assigned a room. Sounds like some information is missing.

As others have stated, room requests are just that, requests. DDP credit snafus are very common, and easy for the the front desk to fix.

Are you an owner? Did you rent a reservation from someone? Is it traded in from another timeshare? I have never heard someone say the reservation was "broken" and never got assigned a room. Sounds like some information is missing.

As others have stated, room requests are just that, requests. DDP credit snafus are very common, and easy for the the front desk to fix.

Yes owner with lots of experience. Yeah the word was literally broken. They took a few hours to actually have to fix it before they could give us a room. Was very confused myself so was curious if anyone else had heard of that before.

They took care of the meal credit issue. Anyway was quite the hassle.

Yes owner with lots of experience. Yeah the word was literally broken. They took a few hours to actually have to fix it before they could give us a room. Was very confused myself so was curious if anyone else had heard of that before.

They took care of the meal credit issue. Anyway was quite the hassle.

I am glad you got the credits fixed, If the issue delayed your getting your room well beyond the 4 pm check in time, then I would still talk to a manager about the extra time. That happened to me in October at BWV. Never got room ready text. When we checked at 4:30 ish or so, they said they were checking and within minutes, after someone checked the room, they said it was set. Whoever cleansed, had not done what was needed to say it was ready. When I shared feedback about it To the manager, he offered us FPs. I wasn’t expecting it, but rather had shared so they could make sure they followed up with whoever made the error, He said we should have been able to get in much earlier and apologized and thus the reason for the FPs.

I am glad you got the credits fixed, If the issue delayed your getting your room well beyond the 4 pm check in time, then I would still talk to a manager about the extra time. That happened to me in October at BWV. Never got room ready text. When we checked at 4:30 ish or so, they said they were checking and within minutes, after someone checked the room, they said it was set. Whoever cleansed, had not done what was needed to say it was ready. When I shared feedback about it To the manager, he offered us FPs. I wasn’t expecting it, but rather had shared so they could make sure they followed up with whoever made the error, He said we should have been able to get in much earlier and apologized and thus the reason for the FPs.

yeah they just fixed the meal plan today. So pretty much got two days of free credits because they refunded me purchase. But not here long enough to use them all.

yeah they just fixed the meal plan today. So pretty much got two days of free credits because they refunded me purchase. But not here long enough to use them all.

Just remember, you can convert at the resort, QS credits to snack credits. They allow you 3 snack credits per meal. I did that when my DD didn’t stay for the whole trip and we had her extra credits,

So, I just bought extra packaged snacks, and gave them as extra souvenirs back home!

We have spent many hours of time with meal plan problems, room keys not working. Management will fix credits but very stressful to spend vacation time getting things fixed.

Just remember, you can convert at the resort, QS credits to snack credits. They allow you 3 snack credits per meal. I did that when my DD didn’t stay for the whole trip and we had her extra credits,

So, I just bought extra packaged snacks, and gave them as extra souvenirs back home!

thanks for the tip!

Typically the corner rooms are coveted. They may have thought they were doing you a favor. Is a room number ending in 15? Those are known as alternate studios.

Our first ever trip on DVC kinda had this room issue. Took them an hour to find us in the system but I had a res number? We booked a standard view at Jambo and they gave us a savanna instead

Our first ever trip on DVC kinda had this room issue. Took them an hour to find us in the system but I had a res number? We booked a standard view at Jambo and they gave us a savanna instead

There are a lot of standard views at Jambo that actually have views of the savanna.

Oh then I am mistaken then. Still not sure what the hour wait was to check in then
The wait could be any number of things.
-Late check out by previous guest.
-Dirty room, needing to be cleaned by housekeeping.
-Room status not updated in the system as clean, but desk savvy enough to send someone up to verify the room is clean and ready.
-Housekeeping safe resort wide has be short staffed, so no surprise that they couldn't flip the room in time.

Was your reservation starting on December 8? We also checked in on the 8th only for 1 night in a studio. On arrival I had some of the same issues, my reservation wasn’t showing correctly, something went wrong with the reservation booking and they had rebooked it for me but it was showing i their system as me owing $800+. After some back and forth with the front desk the cast member made some phone calls and was told they had ru out of studios and my reservation had been canceled and rebooked into a 1 bedroom, they just hadn’t zeroed out the total. When they did this they also made it so I couldn’t access my dining credits my reservation that had just ended. Only had 8 snack credits but we had intended to use them snacking around the Christmas party that night. Their solution was to charge everything back to the room and they would deal with it after. That solution didn’t work for me as I refused to give the a card for the room with an $800+ charge outstanding on the room there was no way I was doing that. Was an overall really frustrating experience and wasn’t in the room enough to enjoy the upgrade. Also mostly a waste of space as it was just me DD9 in the room but I’m guessing we were only upgraded because it was a 1 night stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter