DVC Resort with No Parks--Best Month?

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
We are planning out our next few years' points and wondering about something. We will be getting an AP for the first time this year and planning maybe three trips between this year and next. Then we will take a year off from WDW to go to Hawaii. The following year when we return to WDW, we may buy another AP, but we are also thinking we might want to take a no-park WDW trip to push buying another AP back a year plus there is so much to do there outside of the parks. What month do you think is the best month for a no-park trip?

I would do either Spring or early Summer and take advantage of Disney Pools...or - early December to enjoy the resort decorations -

We have done March and December with no parks. In March the weather has always been good and we like spring baseball so we hit a few games. In December it’s fun to see all the Christmas decorations

We are planning out our next few years' points and wondering about something. We will be getting an AP for the first time this year and planning maybe three trips between this year and next. Then we will take a year off from WDW to go to Hawaii. The following year when we return to WDW, we may buy another AP, but we are also thinking we might want to take a no-park WDW trip to push buying another AP back a year plus there is so much to do there outside of the parks. What month do you think is the best month for a no-park trip?

We just did this in December and loved it...We resort hopped, rode the monorail hotel loop, saw all the decorations at the hotels, and spent extended time in Disney Springs, which is great at Christmas time.

Just keep in mind that if you enjoy spring baseball, the Braves are no longer at Disney and the closest MLB team is the Tigers in Lakeland.

We just did this in December and loved it...We resort hopped, rode the monorail hotel loop, saw all the decorations at the hotels, and spent extended time in Disney Springs, which is great at Christmas time.
We have done March and December with no parks. In March the weather has always been good and we like spring baseball so we hit a few games. In December it’s fun to see all the Christmas decorations
Did you all miss the Christmas decorations in the parks though? I just think I would really miss seeing the CP at Epcot and the castle lit up at MK.

Did you all miss the Christmas decorations in the parks though? I just think I would really miss seeing the CP at Epcot and the castle lit up at MK.

We went to Top of the World Lounge after visiting BLT to see the Castle and fireworks...obviously not as good of a view as being in the park, but it worked for us. You could always do 1 park night if you wanted and go to MVMCP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!