DVC rumor

RDP

DIS Veteran
Just did the members event at SSR to look at the new GF DVC, guide told us the poly is next and they have possible plans for castaway cay !!!!

I can buy the prospect of a members area on CC - maybe DVC-only cabanas at a discounted price but nothing more. I can't wait for the Poly though!!

I can buy the prospect of a members area on CC - maybe DVC-only cabanas at a discounted price but nothing more. I can't wait for the Poly though!!

The Maldives proves the concept that a resort on a small island is viable, would be a cash cow for Disney, we've always said we would love to stay there.

1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

RDP said:
The Maldives proves the concept that a resort on a small island is viable, would be a cash cow for Disney, we've always said we would love to stay there.

1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

The problems re: CC (amongst others) would be the transportation to/ from the island, keeping apart the "residents" and cruise visitors and the bugs at night (which so I've heard are horrendous). If it happens I'll have to eat my words, but I just can't see it at all.

CC DVC would be amazing, but i agree with the last poster...transportation to the island would be really difficult.

I can't think how Disney would do this...you could link up in between cruises, though I would imagine this would be a massive logistical issue for Disney, e.g. different ships, itinerary, etc...

You could perhaps fly to Nassau and get a charter boat or something....not quite sure how it would work but 1 thing for certain...if DVC did go to CC, I am in on some points!!

Also, Poly sounds great, definitely going to try and stay there once open

Re Castaway Cay, not really seeing it, most of the island is not much more than a rocky mangrove area and doesn't look very attractive.

And while a day at Castaway Cay certainly is very nice, there isn't much else to do, I would get bored on day 3.

Also, a big hotel structure that would be very visible from the ship clashes pretty much with the Castaway backstory / theme in my opinion.

I don't think it's impossible. Disney World was no more than a swamp with no infrastructure before Walt got it. I could see the possibilities in a cottage, water bungalow style resort as seen in the Maldives and Seychelles. Who would have thought someone would build a dock to take a huge cruise ship on a thousand acre island. If it happens, I will be in the line for reservations!

I would be surprised if we don't see DVC at the Poly but there is no way on CC.

The Island doesn't have the infrastructure and it would be a massive cost to Disney to do and I just can't see it being viable.

Besides the DVC Guides are fairly low on the totem pole that they don't know much before things are announced what is going on. The start great rumours though :rotfl:

The Poly is def happening that's not a rumour, they've stopped taking bookings for weddings at the Poly because of it. I can't see CC though.

Agree, should be good, hope they build a new pool alongside any new Poly DVC though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter