DVC selling question about maintenance fees

dvcdream4fld

Mouseketeer
I currently have a few DVC contracts and I’m thinking about selling one contract. We have paid our maintenance fees for 2020. I understand that the buyer would need to pay the 2020 maintenance fees. Will I then get refunded my 2020 maintenance fee?

It's all negotiable. My advice is to price the contract(s) taking that into consideration, or specify that the buyer will reimburse the seller for the 2020 fees. If you use a broker, I'm sure he/she will advise you of the best option for you.

Yes. I agree with the above. Try to bump up the price for your sale, in order to increase your chances of getting something back for your Maintenance Fees. Or specify in the listing that the buyer must reimburse you for those fees. A broker could give you advice about that.

Last edited:
If you mean the buyer will need to pay 2020 dues to DVC in addition to your having already done so, then your understanding is incorrect. DVC wants any outstanding 2020 dues paid at time of closing, but if they are already fully paid, the issue becomes one solely between the buyer and seller. As part of any agreement, the parties could agree to have the buyer reimburse all 2020 dues, pay a pro rata portion with the seller absorbing the portion applicable to the time before closing, or simply agree to a per point selling price that reflects some addition for dues already paid, or a portion thereof. What is important is to make sure the issue of dues and what the seller expects to be done on the issue is put up front so the buyer knows before making an offer on the contract.

Also, even if the buyer agrees to reimburse some dues, that will not be done as some separate transaction but, instead, will be part of the closing and part of the total amount paid the seller, out of which will come the broker's agreed fee before payment to the seller..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter