DVC sliders

SleeplessInTO

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

First of all hope this is allowed. Please delete if not!

Wondering if anyone has 3 extra DVC sliders they would be willing to part with? I’m a little late to the party and missed the previous posts offering them.

Would be happy to offer a set of Minnie coasters and/or the recent Minnie AP magnet if interested in exchange for your kindness!

Hmm Minnie coasters,,,what do they look like? Plus by your name are you in the Toronto area, could be an easy swap.

Thank you. We mainly do cruises and are unaware of MagicBand accessories. Been a DVC member since 2007, how do you get a slider?
The DVC Slider was only available for a limited time. When it was available, it was included with MagicBands customized for a DVC stay.

Currently, the only MagicBands that include a slider are Dooney & Bourke retail bands and those ordered for having an Annual Pass.

In 2015, DVC threw 1 per magic band into the box of magic bands when shipped, for reservations when members were staying on points.

It would be nice if there was something we could slide on the band that proved we were DVC to be able to access the discounts without having to carry two cards.

What I don’t get is, with everything a Magic Band does, including carrying information about the person wearing them, why can’t it just alert the CM scanning the bands that you’re either a a DVC or AP holder?!! How hard could that be?

And I too wish they would include DVC sliders for DVC members, just as they do for AP holders. We only have two and would love to have one for each of us. It’s the little things!!

What I don’t get is, with everything a Magic Band does, including carrying information about the person wearing them, why can’t it just alert the CM scanning the bands that you’re either a a DVC or AP holder?!! How hard could that be?
DVC's policy is that the member show their membership card and photo id to get any applicable discount.

Most of Disney's Point of Sale (POS) systems are not connected to MDE to know if someone is eligible for a discount. It's quite likely these POS systems can't be connected to MDE.

At some table service locations, they have been using a handheld device that can automatically apply the AP discount.

DVC's policy is that the member show their membership card and photo id to get any applicable discount.

Most of Disney's Point of Sale (POS) systems are not connected to MDE to know if someone is eligible for a discount. It's quite likely these POS systems can't be connected to MDE.

At some table service locations, they have been using a handheld device that can automatically apply the AP discount.

I get it, just would make life SO much easier. Having to carry around so many cards seems crazy, especially when everything is digital now.

If you can pay at stores with your MB, I can’t see why it can’t recognize Member status. The way I understand it is the magic band itself does not hold any information, but rather just accesses a central computer that has your account. That account has your credit card on file, so why can’t it hold DVC status?

What you’re asking though, is that DVC/Disney implement a system that captures discounts 100% of the time.

I’m fairly certain some of the calculations as to the level of discount takes into account the failure rate of the discount being applied.

It’s like coupons. If you’re offering a $0.50 coupon on Scooner Tuna, why not, in these difficult economic times, just discount the can by $0.50/can? Because the majority of people aren’t going to capture the coupon discount.

Now, most DVC members probably DO bring their blue cards and capture their discount. If 80% do, then that 20% failure rate isn’t small fish. Volume. Volume. Volume. As they say.

I think DVC/Disney isn’t particularly interested in devising a system that automatically captures your discount for you. It’s not that they’re hoping you’ll fail to capture it yourself so much as they know, statistically speaking, some of you will.

“I forgot my blue card back at the room! Oh, well.”

What you’re asking though, is that DVC/Disney implement a system that captures discounts 100% of the time.

I’m fairly certain some of the calculations as to the level of discount takes into account the failure rate of the discount being applied.

It’s like coupons. If you’re offering a $0.50 coupon on Scooner Tuna, why not, in these difficult economic times, just discount the can by $0.50/can? Because the majority of people aren’t going to capture the coupon discount.

Now, most DVC members probably DO bring their blue cards and capture their discount. If 80% do, then that 20% failure rate isn’t small fish. Volume. Volume. Volume. As they say.

I think DVC/Disney isn’t particularly interested in devising a system that automatically captures your discount for you. It’s not that they’re hoping you’ll fail to capture it yourself so much as they know, statistically speaking, some of you will.

“I forgot my blue card back at the room! Oh, well.”

But if they can scan my band, that holds my park ticket, so I can enter a park... why can’t they scan my band, to show my member status, so I can get a discount?!

And not for nothing, but some restaurants are scanning bands to give AP Discounts.

But if they can scan my band, that holds my park ticket, so I can enter a park... why can’t they scan my band, to show my member status, so I can get a discount?!
They would still need to ask for a photo id to verify that the person with the MB is actually the person that is entitled to the discount. Otherwise, there would be nothing to stop a member from giving their friends one of their extra MBs so that the friends gets discounts to which they are not entitled to.

They would still need to ask for a photo id to verify that the person with the MB is actually the person that is entitled to the discount. Otherwise, there would be nothing to stop a member from giving their friends one of their extra MBs so that the friends gets discounts to which they are not entitled to.

Totally fine with a Photo ID, that’s understandable and a given. But to have to carry 4 AP cards and 2 DVC cards around is just silly to me, but that’s just my opinion. (To add: On top of that we typically have my kids Disney gift cards, credit card and Disney visa rewards card).

I would just like to receive a DVC slider after paying dues since 2007 and missing out on the previous giveaways.
When purchasing at WDW, I use the DVC member's caption card on my phone in conjunction with a photo ID.
On the DCL ships, the KTTW card has the DVC info on it. No need to carry the card or ID. Don't carry DGC either, it's in the computer system as my payment source.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!