DVC Split Stay Regular Dining Plan Question

K Gragg

Earning My Ears
I have booked a six night stay for my family utilizing the last of our points. I have now booked two more days on the front end utilizing a DVC rental company. We have gone with and without the dining plan during our past stays, as it is all dependent on where we plan to eat and getting the most bang for our buck.

I am tossing around the idea of getting the regular dining plan on the two day DVC rental. As stated above it is at the front end of our trip. We are booked for a total of eight nights, but would only be getting the dining plan for two of those nights. This is what I am trying to figure out.

When do the credits expire? Will I be able to use them throughout our stay or will they need to be used by the end of the two night stay?

Obviously, I am looking to maximize those table service credits.

Dining plan credits are good from the morning of your check in until the evening of your check out day (12:00 AM to 12:00 PM I believe). You would get to use the two days of credits for a total of 3 days - If your reservation is for Monday and Tuesday night, you should get them Monday Morning through Wednesday night. The mug is good for up to 14 days, though.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this, as I have never used it myself, but have looked into split stays for this exact purpose as well.

Dining plan credits are good from the morning of your check in until the evening of your check out day (12:00 AM to 12:00 PM I believe). You would get to use the two days of credits for a total of 3 days - If your reservation is for Monday and Tuesday night, you should get them Monday Morning through Wednesday night. The mug is good for up to 14 days, though.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this, as I have never used it myself, but have looked into split stays for this exact purpose as well.
Thanks. That is pretty much my understanding, but I wasn't certain.

Yep credits will expire at midnight the day you switch from one resort to the other. you have all day to use them up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter