DVC @ The Contemporary

springandmac

DIS Veteran
Hi All!

Just back from a trip to OKW (my new favorite resort, but that's another story for a different thread). While eating dinner at the Concourse Steakhouse (which I won't be going back to, not because it's closing, but because my meal was gross and my step-son had a mini-meltdown which didn't help matters). But that's also a another story for a different thread.

As we were leaving, we were approched by a CM who asked us how we were enjoying our meal. Not wanting to go into details, I said it was fine. I said "there sure is alot of constuction going on out there and I hear some changes are in store in the Contemporary" and she said "the changes and contruction are to make way for a new DVC, but "wink, wink" you didn't hear that from me.

Of course, I got extremely excited and my husband (who doesn't understand my love of all things Disney)said "I don't know why your all excited"? Then I began the long explanation that a new DVC at the Contemporary would mean that we would be purchasing an add-on and more points would mean we could have more of these fun family meals. Needless, to say his excitement level didn't increase any. I've got my work cut out for me, but from the looks of the construction I have plenty of time.

we too just returned from a trip to The World.

Two different CMs, one at the WL and one at the Contemp. told me that it's going to be DVC.

"a horseshoe shaped resort"

DH told me that I can start saving for it next year! :woohoo:

If someone asked you how was your meal and it was truly gross, why would you not let them know, so it could be improved. :confused3

My DVC guide heard the same rumor as I did, DVC at Contemp.

Lets guess how long it will be until it opens.

My guess is 2010

Tigger

If someone asked you how was your meal and it was truly gross, why would you not let them know, so it could be improved. :confused3

1. Because I knew they will soon be closing and probably weren't too interested in improving.
2. Because the steak was delicious but the "bread salad" was weird and gross. I did express my displeasure to our waiter, who brought me out a side of mashed potatoes.
3. Because at the point of the CM asking me, my mood had severely plummeted after spending an entire hour and a half watching my 12 year old step son act like a whiny baby because he didn't want to eat there. (Which was a prediction of mine 180 days prior to this meal but my husband enjoyed our meal there at our last visit in Nov. (without my step son) and said his son could find something he liked or "just get over it", which didn't happen).

At the time I wasn't sure if my displeasure was from the meal or more from my step son's poor attitude. So I felt it best at that point to say nothing to the CM. But I should have clarified in my previous post that I did mention the "grossness" to the waiter.

1. Because I knew they will soon be closing and probably weren't too interested in improving.
2. Because the steak was delicious but the "bread salad" was weird and gross. I did express my displeasure to our waiter, who brought me out a side of mashed potatoes.
3. Because at the point of the CM asking me, my mood had severely plummeted after spending an entire hour and a half watching my 12 year old step son act like a whiny baby because he didn't want to eat there. (Which was a prediction of mine 180 days prior to this meal but my husband enjoyed our meal there at our last visit in Nov. (without my step son) and said his son could find something he liked or "just get over it", which didn't happen).

At the time I wasn't sure if my displeasure was from the meal or more from my step son's poor attitude. So I felt it best at that point to say nothing to the CM. But I should have clarified in my previous post that I did mention the "grossness" to the waiter.

Thanks for the explanation. #3 is a good reason to just let it go. Many times our experiences influence our perspective.

I was just curious as this is a favorite place to eat for us. Glad to hear your steak was good.

This is a favorite place to eat for us. Glad to hear your steak was good.

It used to be our favorite too. Apparently they changed the menu in the last 7 months and now the 7 oz. Filet Mignon with mashed potatoes and gorgonzola butter has been replaced with Grilled Tenderloin with bread salad (which is huge croutons, cherry tomatoes and a green vegetable, either broccoli or asparagus, neither of which I like) and your steak served right on top of it and to make matters worse it's served in a bowl making cutting slightly difficult. :confused3

It used to be our favorite too. Apparently they changed the menu in the last 7 months and now the 7 oz. Filet Mignon with mashed potatoes and gorgonzola butter has been replaced with Grilled Tenderloin with bread salad (which is huge croutons, cherry tomatoes and a green vegetable, either broccoli or asparagus, neither of which I like) and your steak served right on top of it and to make matters worse it's served in a bowl making cutting slightly difficult. :confused3

Wow, I had the filet mignon with MP last month. Did this change JUST happen? I better go and look at the menu again.

Wow, I had the filet mignon with MP last month. Did this change JUST happen? I better go and look at the menu again.

According to our waiter it's a recent change. I asked because I thought it might have been an oversite on my part and he said the grilled tenderloin was the same as the filet except now it comes with bread salad.

I was completely surprised because I checked the menu on allears before booking the ADR and then I checked it again when I got home, thinking maybe I had made a mistake. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter