DVC tour - advice?

Isabelle12345

DIS Veteran
We are considering buying DVC
I would buy direct the minimum amount required for DVC privileges (AP, ...) and may consider adding a second contract resale eventually
We would travel once every other year for about a year
I am mostly interested in Bay Lake Tower
Do they still offer it direct? I know they will try to sell me Riviera but I really want to be in one of the monorail resorts
Will they do small contracts like this (100 pts) for BLT?
Also does anyone know the current incentives for the DVC tout?
Thank you!

Do they still offer it direct?

Yes. For $235 per point. (Note: VGF and Poly are the same or more.)

Will they do small contracts like this (100 pts) for BLT?

Yes. It is worth noting that you can get a resale 100 point contract for BLT for roughly $150-55 per point.

It sounds like you are traveling every other year. If so, the AP benefit isn't that valuable. Are your dates hyper flexible? Even if they are, counting on Moonlight Magic to make up the value difference for that $8k+ is not economic.

That’s a good point. I guess I was hoping to get two trips in the same year stretching the AP by using DVC points, and maybe add a long weekend with Disney resorts, but it may not be worth the extra money...
We are a family of 4 though so that adds up quickly. I was thinking of buying APs maybe 3 times in the next 10 years so when I think about it the future savings may not be worth paying extra money right now...
Thanks for taking the time to reply!

The AP discount has only been this large for about 6 months. Historically the discount has been much less. Don't count on the AP discount remaining this large for a long time.

That’s a good point. I guess I was hoping to get two trips in the same year stretching the AP by using DVC points, and maybe add a long weekend with Disney resorts, but it may not be worth the extra money...
We are a family of 4 though so that adds up quickly. I was thinking of buying APs maybe 3 times in the next 10 years so when I think about it the future savings may not be worth paying extra money right now...
Thanks for taking the time to reply!

The only other piece you lose resale is the ability to stay at RIV and further resorts. But if you already know being On the monorail near MK is important, it really does make little sense to spend that much more for BLT.

If you want some of the merchandise or food discounts that comes with an. AP, you could always just buy a full price one for one person.

And, if down the road, you find that the new resorts are of interest, or you start traveling more to make the discounted AP worth it, direct will always be there.. The only thing that might change is the minimum. But, I think having it set at 100 is pretty high so I just don’t see it going up anytime soon.

I didn’t know the price difference was new!
Thanks for the heads up
I think with our travel style it would make sense to buy resale then...
Any suggestions on a broker?
You guys are amazing!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter