DVC tour

Pluto80

DIS Veteran
We're travelling over to WDW in July and are seriously considering DVC, not sure if it'll be direct or resale yet. Either way, e thought it'd be a good idea to go on the tour. I have a few questions.
  1. How do we go about booking on the tour?
  2. Is it personalised, or is it done in a group?
  3. We have two children. How long does the tour tend to be? I don't want to have to drag them round for too long!
  4. I've heard there are perks for taking the tour, like gift cards, and FP. Is this true?
Thanks!

You can very easily book the tour by stopping at any DVC booth (and there are LOTS of booths). There should be a booth at the whatever resort your at, as long as it's on site, or any theme park has 5or 6 or 7......It's been over 15 years since I took the tour, but back then it was personalized, not a group tour, no kids so I don't know about them, and although I was supposed to get Fps, the CM "forgot" and so did I. Actually I never did get them, but I did buy DVC.

If staying onsite ask at the resort. There will more than likely be a DVC rep there. They are also at each park. They will set up a tour for you. It takes about 2 hours and they gave us extra FP and direct transportation to the parks. For the kiddos they will have toys or iPads with kids games and such. The tour will be private. My advice is do this early in trip. If you decide to buy you can begin using DVC discounts immediately. We waited til our last day and missed discounts at all the stores. Ask questions and get an idea of what you want before you go. Our guide really tried to sell us Poly and that is not at all what we wanted. We ended up getting what we wanted because we had done our research before we left.

Watch the DVC channel on your room TV, then touch the DVC button on your room phone to make a sales appointment.

:earsboy: Bill

We're travelling over to WDW in July and are seriously considering DVC, not sure if it'll be direct or resale yet. Either way, e thought it'd be a good idea to go on the tour. I have a few questions.
  1. How do we go about booking on the tour?
  2. Is it personalised, or is it done in a group?
  3. We have two children. How long does the tour tend to be? I don't want to have to drag them round for too long!
  4. I've heard there are perks for taking the tour, like gift cards, and FP. Is this true?
Thanks!
Search around on your my Disney experience page on your PC, it has an offer for near the bottom of the page to get extra fast passes if you will sign up for the tour. I would go ahead and book it in advance. They will pick you up in a van at your resort, drive you to a DVC resort to give you the pitch (to buy direct- they will sell hard against resale). They have activities for your kids while you are in the meeting. They will load your anytime fast passes, with a couple of exceptions for the major rides, and will take you by van to whatever park you want to go to.

The fast passes were good for 2 days and everything except 7mines train, pp flight, and frozen. It did take about 2 hours, and they will show you mock up of rooms.

We got free ice cream at the end of our tour, but that was a couple of years ago. Anyone know if they still offer that?

I would agree with others: do some research before you get there so you have some idea of what you want.

Are the tours usually at the resorts they're selling? Not sure if we'll buy direct, so would really love to see an AKL room, but if they're not selling those, will they even show us one?

The models at SSR are for the current sellers. Last time we were there it was Poly & I think GF. It'll probably be CC & Poly.
If you want to see AKL rooms (my home) they do have models at Kidani village you can tour if you like. Separate from the grand tour at SSR.
You can also view models of Boardwalk Villas on the boardwalk area itself.

Some people on the boards will tell you never to buy direct. Others may tell you different. I agree with PP and say, do the tour early and think about it. There is no pressure and there isn't a right way or a wrong way to buy. I am in the camp of buy where you want to stay however. Some disagree.

Stupid question: but is the FP's they offer for your whole group (we are a group of 6)? Does it include Pandora? Thanks!

It will be a personalized tour, and depending on how old your children are you could let them hang out in the community hall. They have games, movies, crafts, etc... most of which are complimentary and it is supervised by a resort cast member. Several resorts also offer child care services that I'm sure you could convince them to give to you complimentary since you are taking a tour and considering purchasing into DVC. Otherwise, my daughter who was 4 at the time enjoyed the tour as much as we did. Tour doesn't take more than about an hour to hour and half if I remember correctly. If you decide to purchase, the paper work and such would make it considerably longer.

If you go to SSR, you'll get free ice cream and a tour of the current sellers.

If you do the tour at Disney Springs (we were there for pictures one day), they'll just bring you upstairs and show you pictures on a computer.

Not a hard sell. You get 3 free fast passes per person, automatically loaded to your account, usually only good for 3 days (I told them to make mine good for 5 days since we weren't going into the parks for 2 more days).

Oh, and a $50 gift card, that's what we got. It's per room, not per person. :P

We did the tour last week at the Poly. They took us to check our 9 year old into Lilo's Playhouse for the duration of the tour. We received three FP+ per person in our party, one $50 gift card, drinks during the tour (water, coke etc) and some Mickey rice crispy treats at the end. Our tour was just us. My husband set it up by stopping at the desk in the Poly lobby. Easy peasy.

We did the tour last week at the Poly. They took us to check our 9 year old into Lilo's Playhouse for the duration of the tour. We received three FP+ per person in our party, one $50 gift card, drinks during the tour (water, coke etc) and some Mickey rice crispy treats at the end. Our tour was just us. My husband set it up by stopping at the desk in the Poly lobby. Easy peasy.

Did you buy? What did you decide?

Did you buy? What did you decide?

We did, bought 60 in PVB but likely will buy further points on the resell market on down the road. We'd been discussing it for a year or so and mostly went in actually wanting to see one of the rooms in person.

We did, bought 60 in PVB but likely will buy further points on the resell market on down the road. We'd been discussing it for a year or so and mostly went in actually wanting to see one of the rooms in person.

I wonder what they give folks who don't buy?

I wonder what they give folks who don't buy?

I got the same thing (didn't buy). 3 FPs per person (instant ones, loaded up on the MDE account), $50 gift card (per group), drinks (water & coke) and rice krispy treats for doing the tour at the DVC branch in Disney Springs.

Is it really bad to just do it for the fast passes if you don't plan to buy?

It's your time.

But it might be similar time to just wait in line for the rides once you factor getting to and from the tour and the time of the tour. And they tend to restrict the most popular attractions from the FPs they give out. You might not get FPs either if your a current owners. I never have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!