DVC Turnstile light not turning Purple

Robgoofyrm

Always waiting for the next Disney trip!
Hello,

Maybe someone can help me. When I bump my band & fingerprint entering the parks the light is purple versus green. Purple indicates that I am a DVC member which is pretty cool. Here is my question. My Band lights up purple but my wife's band does not; the light is green. I don't know why. We each have the my Disney experience App. Her profile on the App says she is a DVC member just like my profile says under my App settings. I call DVC member services and the very nice women(rep) I spoke with said the purple light is magic and is only suppose to show occasionally as a surprise/pixie dust moment. Well, I can tell you I have been a member for numerous years and my band always lights up purple every time I go through the turnstile and my wife's never does. My wife just noticed this past trip my purple light. Two weeks ago she saw the turnstile light up purple as I went through for the first time; she never noticed before. She is like why did that happen? I responded my light is always purple and the cast member says welcome home every time. My wife said her band never lights up purple, it is always green. I would like to make sure my wife's band lights up purple. I know it is a little thing and in the great grand scheme of things a colored light doesn't mean much. But I will say having the cast member say welcome home when you walk through the turnstile is cool and I would like my wife to have this experience. Any help someone can provide with why my wife's band that isn't lighting up purple would be greatly appreciated. Both our names are on the DVC contract and the My Disney Experience App is showing that it recognizes my wife and I as DVC members. So I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Rob

Hello,

Maybe someone can help me. When I bump my band & fingerprint entering the parks the light is purple versus green. Purple indicates that I am a DVC member which is pretty cool. Here is my question. My Band lights up purple but my wife's band does not; the light is green. I don't know why. We each have the my Disney experience App. Her profile on the App says she is a DVC member just like my profile says under my App settings. I call DVC member services and the very nice women(rep) I spoke with said the purple light is magic and is only suppose to show occasionally as a surprise/pixie dust moment. Well, I can tell you I have been a member for numerous years and my band always lights up purple every time I go through the turnstile and my wife's never does. My wife just noticed this past trip my purple light. Two weeks ago she saw the turnstile light up purple as I went through for the first time; she never noticed before. She is like why did that happen? I responded my light is always purple and the cast member says welcome home every time. My wife said her band never lights up purple, it is always green. I would like to make sure my wife's band lights up purple. I know it is a little thing and in the great grand scheme of things a colored light doesn't mean much. But I will say having the cast member say welcome home when you walk through the turnstile is cool and I would like my wife to have this experience. Any help someone can provide with why my wife's band that isn't lighting up purple would be greatly appreciated. Both our names are on the DVC contract and the My Disney Experience App is showing that it recognizes my wife and I as DVC members. So I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Rob

Has your wife set up her own DVC account/login? I don't know if that will solve it but my wife and I each set up our own accounts when we bought in and both of ours turn purple.

DH and I both have DVC member website logins, but I log in regularly and he almost never does. Sometimes we both get the purple turnstile, sometimes only one of us does - it varies. Nice when it happens but only a momentary thing.

I do all the planning, log into all the sites, and never get a purple light

I'm the only person on my account and my experience is like 25% I get the purple light.

I get the purple light just about all the time. The wife and daughter don't and that annoys them.

It's all Disney IT.

Me: 25% of the time. Wife: Never. We both have DVC listed under our individual account memberships, passes, and affiliations.

I no longer really care about it, though it is a nice surprise on the rare occurrence it works. Over time, I've preferred the green, as I'm not the showoff type looking for any special treatment.

This past week, I got it when I went into Epcot, and only once when I went into MK. Seemed random! LOL

I got the purple light once. My wife usually gets it. I think my daughter got it once too. They have issues with their IT. They are pretty lucky that they have a product that a lot of people want. Otherwise they would be out of business. For example if I wanted to order something from them and their website was down like it always is. I would get it from another place. There is no other WDW, so they are lucky. That my change if Universal builds a couple more good parks in Orlando, that's a big if though.

Last edited:
I must say I almost always get the purple/pink light and love it. Of course, I've been known to like being the center of attention. :P

Hello,

Thank you,
Rob

I think that's an exception if you get it every time. I also get it periodically. Most of the time at Epcot's front entrance for some reason but it's occasional at other entrances.

It varies when my wife and I tap in. Sometimes it turns purple, sometimes green.

Is it only when you are using points ? Or only at wdw? We are at DL first time and I think I was green lol

I am DVC and AP. I get the AP green light EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I don't think I've ever seen purple. I also own the MDE account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter