DVC vacations are what percentage of your vacations?

Averaged out, DVC is about 1/3 of my vacation time. This year it is more because of buying a premium annual pass. There was a time when the kids were kids that DVC was about 75%. That has changed as time passed.

DVC accounts for about 1/3 of our vacations. We go every 18 mo. We also love the national parks and have done RC cruises. Would love to be able to once a year, but until the kids are grown up, I don't see that happening. Too many places we need them to see and with school and sports, our time is limited.

Well, we do three, 3 day Disney trips a year, then we usually do one longer (like a week) cruise or some other type of vacation. Plus we travel up to the Orlando area to see my parents a few times a year. We're only 3 hours away from Disney and my parents so it's easier for us to travel.

I would love to go to DisneyLand at least once. I would love to go to Aulani once.

DVC is about 3/4 of our vacations.Next year we do WDW twice and Aulani. This year we did 3 long weekends at WDW, Disney Dream, and Sandals Jamaica.

Less than 1/3 - maybe even less than 1/4. We only bought to go every other year to start with. I haven't been to Disney in eighteen months and won't be back for another eighteen months (although my Girl Scouts are using our points for Hilton Head next summer).

This year, we go for a long ski weekend in January, a cruise in March, Hilton Head in June, England in July, the North Shore in October.

PAP DVC deal really locked us into WDW this past year so we did three trips instead of the usual two. Without PAP, we normally take one trip to WDW, one to Vero Beach and then one non-DVC vacation. We are two adults about to retire ergo all the vacation time available and ability to just "go." When our children were young, we almost exclusively used our DVC for family vacations.

We split our time between WDW, DCL and we try for one other vacation. We are both from England so it may be a trip back home and some days in Europe, or seeing my best friend in California. The PAP deal means that we have solely done WDW this last year (and used 3 UY of DVC points in the process!)

But we are moving to FL (1.5hrs to WDW) so my guess is WDW will not be a vacation anymore, more of a twice a month destination!

I have seen a lot of what I want to see in the world. So until we save up for the big trips we want to do (African Safari, Antarctica) which are $$$$, I am happy with WDW as my primary vacation spot. :)

Wow. Based on what I'm seeing here, I'm embarrassed to post our percentage.

I'm a little surprised as well. And this is probably an important thing to know for those who are buying in - for a lot of us this is not "all our vacation eggs in one basket" purchase. We enjoy Disney, we intend to go over and over again, but we are taking multiple vacations a year - an it looks like half or more of them not to Disney.

If DVC were a luxury purchase before - its really a luxury purchase when you look at it and say "I'm sinking $12k or $20k (or whatever) into points plus dues, and it isn't even covering accommodations for half of my vacations - the other half we are paying for in some other manner.

Wow. Based on what I'm seeing here, I'm embarrassed to post our percentage.
:lmao:

How do I count a WDW, DCL Panama Canal cruise, visit with family, 2 national parks and finally Disneyland trip? That's our May, plus a trip to KY to see Dolly Parton in a benefit concert!

I guess Disney accounts for 2/3 of our trips.

DH and I are lucky to have been retired for almost 10 years. We have owned DVC for almost 22 years. I have kept a log of vacations since retirement, and can report that 10 of our 54 trips in the last 10 years have been DVC, so less than 20%

We have stayed at OKW, AKL, BW, SSR, BC, BLT, HHI, VB and Aulani.

Looks like we will have schedule VWL, VGF and VGC in the near future to complete the circuit!

This is funny. For me the vacations at DVC are 100% as I generally only take one week per year since I run a business. For DW & son18 they are about 50% as she goes one week a year with her family to a cottage in Lake George. As there are 11 people in the cottage with only one bathroom, no AC and no cable, I choose not to go with her (or rather if I did go with her there would be no place to ... Go.) :lmao:

This is funny. For me the vacations at DVC are 100% as I generally only take one week per year since I run a business. For DW & son18 they are about 50% as she goes one week a year with her family to a cottage in Lake George. As there are 11 people in the cottage with only one bathroom, no AC and no cable, I choose not to go with her (or rather if I did go with her there would be no place to ... Go.) :lmao:

Yup-- run a business-- several long weekends and one week a year-- all DVC.

Yup-- run a business-- several long weekends and one week a year-- all DVC.

OK. At least I'm not all alone out on the fringes anymore. :rotfl2:

That's pretty much us to a tee. 2-3 weeks with a couple of long weekends here and there depending on the year. All at WDW.

We may make an occasional night trip to the Inner or Outer Banks but that's about it. It is a rarity. Day trips are more common but even they are pretty rare.

OK. At least I'm not all alone out on the fringes anymore. :rotfl2:

That's pretty much us to a tee. 2-3 weeks with a couple of long weekends here and there depending on the year. All at WDW.

We may make an occasional night trip to the Inner or Outer Banks but that's about it. It is a rarity. Day trips are more common but even they are pretty rare.

We would probably take more to WDW but its expensive and we don't have that many points, and no way are we adding on. Plus we have been going every year since the 80s, so at times yes we are just tired of it.

We like to take other trips to favorite locations such as the mountains, gulf of fl beach or HHI, Charleston, Savannah, New Orleans etc.

1/26 of my vacation time is DVC.
1/52 is our other timeshare.
49/52 is at home in the backyard with the birds or the dogs or family visits.

I'm retired now. ;)

About half of our vacation time is DVC, 1/4 DCL, 1/4 Marriott Vacation Club.

Since becoming members 5 years ago, we travel to WdW once a year. Except 2012 we went on a cruise. We banked our points and also added on so this year we are going twice to Disney. But in the future we still plan once a year. We do live in a beautiful area that we enjoy (skiing, hiking, boating) and also work full time still.

Most are DVC right now...usually 3 a year...but when DH and I retire in 5 years, our plan is to be in the Keys for 3 months and visit Disney occasionally...

Since we bought Dvc in 2009 all our vacations have been Dvc in WDW twice a year (each trip is 10-15 nights ). We have a trip booked in May of 2014 and oct 2014 but we are also doing our first dcl in Oct 2014 prior to our Dvc stay. The cruise is cash. We love Disney and our dd is 3 so it perfect for now. I'm sure when she's older that we will take her camping and do other trips non Disney/Dvc. We are also planning Aulani for Sept 2015 on points, hopefully. We live at the Jersey Shore so we spend lots of time at the beach during the warmer months and don't count that as vacation. When we go to WDW we do spend 2-3 days with my parents at their house in The Villages so I guess that counts as vacation even though it's more obligation lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter