DVC Watches--are they still out there for sale?

trampslady

<font color=green>I stop and watch the Norway vide
I haven't heard mention of the limited edition watches for quite some time now. Does anyone know if they are gone yet?

I don't know.

I know on my last visit the guest shop was not showing them - like they were?

limited Edition Fossil watches are sold out.

You can currently find the Skagen DVC watch at the DVC resort gift shops. They are really nice and are water resistant. They were $125 each.

Thanks, guys. I was indeed talking about the Fossil watch...we'll have to check out the Skagen on the next trip!

The Fossil ones were not a very good watch my wife and I have them and they are both broken mine leaked and hers the band keeps breaking not worth the money as far as I am concerned. Until DVC comes out with something by Tag Heuer or anotehr good company maybe Movado I won't buy another one.

I wish they would (DVC or just plain ol' Disney) partner with some better brands for a nice watch. I was fortunate enough to get one of the very last Swiss Army Mickey Mouse Watches ($395.00) before they stopped partnering. It's been a great stainless steel watch--well worth the money!

I have the Mickey Mouse Tag Heuer watch and it is a great watch even at 900.00

CharlesTD said:
I have the Mickey Mouse Tag Heuer watch and it is a great watch even at 900.00
XXXXXX
WOW!!
I would love to be able to get a $900 watch.Do they still make them?

trampslady said:
Thanks, guys. I was indeed talking about the Fossil watch...we'll have to check out the Skagen on the next trip!

I have the fossil....wish I would of waited for the other. It is much nicer. They had the at SSR in March and HH last month. If you can't find one, you can always ebay!

Kim

I would love to see a pic of both the Swiss Army and the Tag watches -- but I could not find them online, even on eBay. Does anyone know of a site that will show pics of them?

I'll try to take a pic of my swiss army and post it this evening. Boy, there's a story that goes with it.

Short version:

Visiting WDW
See watch
Don't buy watch
return home
Get Disney catalog
Watch is listed at 50 percent off ($175.00 I think)
Gotta have it!
Sorry, sold out!
Decide to buy from WDW anyway
Call merchandising
"Sorry, discontinued item--no more"
"But I was just there YESTERDAY and saw them at two stores"
Stubborn me continues fight for three days with WDW Merchandising
Finally get someone of "authority" to actually check with the stores
to verify inventory. Not friendly folks that I dealt with.
Finally get $300plus watch in the mail.

Drama......crazy to have to fight with them to hand over $$$$$.

We have learned the hard way - buy it when you see it!

DH wanted a Mickey diver style watch with a blue face several years ago and I blew him off since it already had two Mickey watches and Tigger watch. I was planning to get it as a Christmas surprise only to find out it was discontinued shortly after our trip. Thank goodness for eBay!

Yeah, things apparently come and go pretty fast down there. Of course, that just give me more excuse to buy, buy, buy! Trying to limit on this next trip--what could we possibly NEED? Yeah, right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter