DVC water park ticket discount

KS_Disney_Dad

I am Keyser Soze
DVC Silver
We are a party of 12 headed down in about a week! 6 of us have military discount tickets to include the water park. 6 of us don't. One of the current DVC perks is $45 1 day water park ticket for member and up to 5 guests.

Well here lies the issue....my wife and I both got the military ticket. 2 of our kids and my sister's family bought park tickets through UT.

I chatted with DVC and they said that I could still buy the 5 tickets for family (since I didn't need one). Does anyone know if this is true or not? I'm skeptical about this since the 1 military plus 5 family members requires that the military member purchase a ticket and be present. Wouldn't that be the same reasoning here, that the DVC member is required to purchase a ticket?

Any help either way is appreciated.

For some DVC ticket discounts, the member doesn't have to buy the tickets.. there have been a bunch of members that bought the 4 parks in 4 day tickets and the new buy 5 get 7 day tickets for guests, while the DVC member uses their annual pass.

I suppose no one in the party has a DVC gold AP? If so, it's free or $10 to upgrade to the Platinum plus AP (with water parks)

Nope, no one has a DVC gold AP. Worst scenario I pay regular price at the gate. But it would be nice to save about $75.

I bought the water park tickets with DVC discount in June, I got them at the desk in the lobby of OKW. I only purchased 3 tickets for our family of 6 since some of us still had old no expiration tickets. When I purchased, they just asked which family members would be using the tickets I purchased and they linked them right to their magic bands.

I too bought water park tickets at BWV concierge desk for my grandc.ildren who aren't DVC owners but DVC tag alongs

We've bought DVC water park discounted tickets for family and none for ourselves. You received correct information.

However, if any of the UCT tickets are park hoppers its cheapest to add the water parks and more - $15/person I believe.

I was able to go to concierge at Boardwalk and buy 6 DVC discounted water park tickets. They didn’t ask if one was for me so that worked out great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter