DVC welcome kit..

babesboo99

Veteren Disney Vacationer
I was just Wondering this is our first DVC contract we bought resale. do we get a welcome kit that comes with the member # or is that just for direct buyers?

I would give calling member admin a shot. Option 2 when you call DVC. It's about a 50% chance it's ready by now. Mine was ready 8 days after closing, but I did not have any holidays in the middle.
nope, they said no. I love how the tone of their voice changes completely once they hear its a resale. After that they cant get me off the phone fast enough. WOW.

nope, they said no. I love how the tone of their voice changes completely once they hear its a resale. After that they cant get me off the phone fast enough. WOW.
I'd call again. When I called (resale contract) they were great to deal with and set it up with no problems. I believe it was 8-10 days from the deed recording.

I'd call again. When I called (resale contract) they were great to deal with and set it up with no problems. I believe it was 8-10 days from the deed recording.
this was my second call, first one the woman asked if I bought through Disney, and I said no she then said there was no way she could look us up. Hung up and waited till today called back and again once she asked me if I bought Direct I said no resale, she said " well, let me have your name and I will look but I doubt its there..." seconds later she just said NOPE don't see you, it has been the 2 most UNMAGICAL calls to Disney in all my years calling, of course I know DVC is a Different beast from regular CRO :) I Do understand the difference, hence the wait 21 years to buy in! Not our first WDW rodeo.

I was just Wondering this is our first DVC contract we bought resale. do we get a welcome kit that comes with the member # or is that just for direct buyers?

What is this welcome kit of which you speak? When we bought direct, we didn't get anything. That was 15 years ago, though, so maybe welcome kits are something new.

No CS rep wants to keep someone on the phone when they can’t help. It doesn’t serve anyone to do so. Until you’re in the system they cannot help you. There’s no reason for either of you to continue the call.

I actually haven’t read of such a call being successful in ages. All threads I’ve noted like this say you have to just wait now. So it was pretty much always going to be a frustrating call.

I had great success just last month. Called about a week after deed recording-wasn’t in the system yet, but they encouraged me to call back in a week. I called back a few days later and I was in. Had seller’s name and contract number.

this was my second call, first one the woman asked if I bought through Disney, and I said no she then said there was no way she could look us up. Hung up and waited till today called back and again once she asked me if I bought Direct I said no resale, she said " well, let me have your name and I will look but I doubt its there..." seconds later she just said NOPE don't see you, it has been the 2 most UNMAGICAL calls to Disney in all my years calling, of course I know DVC is a Different beast from regular CRO :) I Do understand the difference, hence the wait 21 years to buy in! Not our first WDW rodeo.

Who are you calling? If it's MS they can't and won't help. You need to talk to Member Administration. From many reports there is one person working there that won't help but others have been very helpful.

Considering that all MS wages are actually paid by member dues which also come from resold contracts I'd think they'd temper things a bit but that's just my logic. A guide being snippy that you bought resale - sure. MS? Shouldn't care and shouldn't happen. And really, many don't care.

What is this welcome kit of which you speak? When we bought direct, we didn't get anything. That was 15 years ago, though, so maybe welcome kits are something new.

Same here - all we got was our member card and that took quite some time although our first purchases were resale. Didn't get anything special with a direct add on though.

meaning the welcome packet of papers, nothing fancy sorry if it was misunderstood

I had great success just last month. Called about a week after deed recording-wasn’t in the system yet, but they encouraged me to call back in a week. I called back a few days later and I was in. Had seller’s name and contract number.
GREAT!!!!

Who are you calling? If it's MS they can't and won't help. You need to talk to Member Administration. From many reports there is one person working there that won't help but others have been very helpful.

Considering that all MS wages are actually paid by member dues which also come from resold contracts I'd think they'd temper things a bit but that's just my logic. A guide being snippy that you bought resale - sure. MS? Shouldn't care and shouldn't happen. And really, many don't care.
yes I contacted Member Admin, that was the prompt.

direct sale welcome items we received.
-knit carry bag with DVC on the side to carry paper work
-large print aka art of some type.
-post card print, tinker bell in the mail
-my personal favorite was the picture in the Ice cream shop. Poly background with DW, DS, DS, and sales rep.

direct sale welcome items we received.
-knit carry bag with DVC on the side to carry paper work
-large print aka art of some type.
-post card print, tinker bell in the mail
-my personal favorite was the picture in the Ice cream shop. Poly background with DW, DS, DS, and sales rep.

Wow. More than I got in September. Then it was:
-Bag (Good for carrying beers without their clinging together being too obvious)
-advertising DVD (outdated in today's digital world)
-Print advertisement for each resort
-Point chart you can get online anyway

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter