• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Withdrawl

The VWL Five

Disney Nut
Going through our longest stretch without a DVC fix. Almost 12 months. Currently not scheduled to go until July 2006. Yikes.

Anyone have room in their suitcase for me? :earsboy:

I'm nearing the end of my long non-Disney stint. We usually buy APs every other year and take 12 months off between them. We bought an AP for January 2004 and then did October and December on that AP as well. Then we took this year off, and will start our new AP Dec. 31st and take 3 trips in the following 12 months. This stretch between Decembers is driving me bonkers! A couple months ago, we were so Disney Home sick, we almost did a quick trip anyway, but gas prices stopped us.

you need to change your signature.

says you are goint this Nov to bcv.

get a cheap timeshare - then trade it for offsite - yes I know it is not DVC - not by any means. but hey at least you can visit WDW.

We went through similar withdrawals when we took a year off from WDW to save for a cruise. As soon as we were driving home from Miami after the cruise, DH started saying "NOW, can we go back to WDW?". It was really hard for him not to take the Orlando exits off the turnpike when driving by. ;)

I know how you feel! Our last trip was almost a year ago, and we're not scheduled to return 'til Jan. '07!

We had a trip planned for May of this year but cancelled and rented out our points due to a possible layoff for dh. It turned out to be the right thing 'cuz he DID get laid off, and still is.

So the Jan. '07 trip is, God willing, going to be our return to WDW (it's sooooo far away!!!!! *sob*).

:grouphug:
All of DVC is with you on this one!
I know how you feel...whenever I'm on the DVC site and gaze up on the
count-down clock...it seems not to move at all! Yow, I'm in the same
boat with you. Alas, there is NO known cure between trips! Try planning
to see areas you've not seen yet on paper, it might help...on the other hand
who are we kidding! There's still no known cure!!! Look at it this way...of all
the people who dream of just going to WDW once in their lifetime...we'll be going for many years and years to come! Are we smiling now? Give yourself
a pat on the back for buying into DVC! We'll be there soon enough! God Bless!
-a DVC neighbor :grouphug:

:moped: Have itch! Must see Mouse!__________________________________________
Boardwalk 2/06
SSR 4/05
Polynesian 7/04
WDW 3/77
Disneyland 8/73

Its driving me mad too. We are not going until October 2006 but have already booked the flydrive!!

However we are getting a Disney fix as we are off to Disneyland Paris in four weeks staying at Hotel New York with our points.

Susan

I'm feeling it too. Last trip was in 10/04 our next trip is 11/06. We were thinking of going in 1/06 but we put in a pool instead. At least we will no longer be in the borrowed state.

We were just there so I really can't complain, but the Step by Step episodes where they were in DisneyWorld were just on and they made us home sick.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter