DVCers using Magical Express ??s

jimmytammy

<font color=purple>Swivel, it's a hard habit to br
We will be heading to BCV for a short trip in Jan. DW and kids will be flying in n a Wed and I will be flying in on Fri. Then we all return same flight on Sun.

So my ? is....Do we call MS to book the Magical Express? When we made ressies for BCV we didnt have flight info.

One more ?.....For those who have used ME lately, How well is it working now? Have they gotten most of the kinks worked out?

I scheduled the ME service for our upcoming trip on the DVC member website. I typed in Magical Express in the search box and then it took me to a page where I could fill in the request. I received an email back that I had been scheduled.

Haven't used the service yet, so can't comment on it's timely-ness.

We did basically the same thing. When I made my res. I let MS know that I would be using ME, but I don't think that matters. Just call MS as soon as you have your flight info. ME was great. DH's flight was greatly delayed - he didn't get in to MCO until almost 1:30 am. No problem, ME was there and brought him straight to SSR.

I just used ME two weeks ago while staying at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. It worked GREAT and I don't hesitate to recommend it to anyone!

I think the reason some people are skeptical is that ME seems too good to be true. You check your bag at your home airport, and then voila - it's in your room at Disney. Sweet. I'm really looking forward to not having to lug bags around anymore.

It was wonderful! The CM's were waiting at the airport, the bus was nice and I strongly recommend it! What a savings! :sunny:

Just got my luggage tags for my late November/December trip. The kids were excited to see their names on the tags.

I can't wait to go.

Loved using ME getting from the airport to Old Key West...very easy and it was a wonderful welcome to Disney...more problematic on the return. Nothing majorly annoying but, even though we were flying out of Orlando on a Sunday when things were supposed to be busy at the airport, we had over two hours to kill. Guess you just never know but next time (if ME is still the same), I might consider a cab to get back to MCO and leave a little later from the resort. I am SURE that's what my friend who had the 7 a.m. flight and was picked up at our villa at 3:30 a.m. would do!!!!! But for a free service, i can't really complain!

i agree re: cab - - - - 3:30 is entirely TOO early! And in your case having 2 hours to kill at the airport is quite long too. Having seen your post, we are going to ME to OKW then get ourselves back to MCO!

We used ME in June for our trip to OKW/BWV and it worked very well. Our tags came exactly a week in advance. We are using it again on Saturday and got our tags about 3 weeks ago. We've been pleased with it!

I used ME about a month ago. While I loved not worrying about my bag at the airport, it took over 10 hrs for my bag to arrive in my room. The next time I would get my own luggage and take it on the bus with me.

ccw said:
Loved using ME getting from the airport to Old Key West...very easy and it was a wonderful welcome to Disney...more problematic on the return. Nothing majorly annoying but, even though we were flying out of Orlando on a Sunday when things were supposed to be busy at the airport, we had over two hours to kill. Guess you just never know but next time (if ME is still the same), I might consider a cab to get back to MCO and leave a little later from the resort. I am SURE that's what my friend who had the 7 a.m. flight and was picked up at our villa at 3:30 a.m. would do!!!!! But for a free service, i can't really complain!

This is true! I asked the driver why they pick up 2 hours and 45 minutes early. He said that sometimes they make multiple pick ups at different stops so they need to provide for that possibility. My bus went straight from the resort so there was too much time to kill. That is the only flaw. With this is mind try to make a later flight to enjoy the day in Disney (or take the cab) :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter