DxDDP and restrictions (sushi app?) at the California Grill?

robinb

DIS veteran
We are staying at a Disney resort for one night before we move to Bonnet Creek and I booked us with the DxDDP for the first time. We are 4 people, so we will have 12 credits. My DD loves California Grill and I managed to snag it for the day after her birthday. We'll have 6 credits remaining because we're using 6 the night before for her birthday at Spice Road Table (her 2nd favorite). My DD is a vegetarian and we're planning to pay OOP for her. She usually orders the cheese ravioli, vegetable sushi (they make it for her special) and the kids' rice krispie sushi dessert.

Is sushi considered an appetizer on the DxDDP? I've searched the DIS but I haven't seen a definitive answer. If it is, then one of us will order her sushi "entree" as our appetizer. What about the flatbread pizzas? She sometimes orders one of those for her entree.

Also, are there any other restrictions? Can we order the Kansas Strip ($75) or the Surf and Turf ($70)?

Thanks DDP mavens!

A couple years ago we had dinner there on the DXDP and had sushi as an appetizer. I don't recall what sushi roll we had but when we were seated the server asked about dining plan and once we said deluxe she said you can have this and this or that as an appetizer and sushi was one of them.

We have gotten the sushi and the flatbreads at Cali Grill as appetizers on the deluxe plan several times. Our most recent trip was this past June.

A couple years ago we had dinner there on the DXDP and had sushi as an appetizer. I don't recall what sushi roll we had but when we were seated the server asked about dining plan and once we said deluxe she said you can have this and this or that as an appetizer and sushi was one of them.

We have gotten a flatbread as an appetizer on the DxDP at CA Grill.

We have gotten the sushi and the flatbreads at Cali Grill as appetizers on the deluxe plan several times. Our most recent trip was this past June.

Thanks! That makes me feel better. I bet we could order two appetizers for the table (the cheeses and the charcuterie) and then use the other two for her meal.

I concur with BuzzyBelle. We just used the DXDP a few weeks ago at California Grill. The sushis, flatbreads, salads, and things like the beef wontons were all appetizers. When we were there all of the entrees were included. We love it there.

Just remember that Cali Grill is 2 credits per person as I believe that is a signature restaurant. So if only 3 adults are ordering you will be good with your 6 remaining credits and can share those appetizers with your DD and not pay anything OOP unless there was something else she wanted on the menu.

I'm back with an update.

We ate at CG on 8/17 for my DD's birthday. My DH had sushi as his appetizer. My DD's boyfriend ordered the ravioli which he split with my DD. My DD ordered off the special vegetarian menu (you need to ask for it) and we paid OOP for that and her desert which was the kid's rice crispie sushi. The meat eaters had 2 surf and turfs and the $75 steak.

The total on the DxDDp was $408, including tax, for 6 credits.

does anyone know if we can use the Regular DDP of 2 credits per person for the Cali Grill Sunday Brunch?

I'm back with an update.

We ate at CG on 8/17 for my DD's birthday. My DH had sushi as his appetizer. My DD's boyfriend ordered the ravioli which he split with my DD. My DD ordered off the special vegetarian menu (you need to ask for it) and we paid OOP for that and her desert which was the kid's rice crispie sushi. The meat eaters had 2 surf and turfs and the $75 steak.

The total on the DxDDp was $408, including tax, for 6 credits.

Is this only available for order through the DxDDP? Or could we order exactly what your ordered, with just using the Regular DDP but using 2 TS credits still?

Is this only available for order through the DxDDP? Or could we order exactly what your ordered, with just using the Regular DDP but using 2 TS credits still?
The regular DDP doesn't include appetizers. You could order the expensive steaks, the cocktails and the desserts though. I'm not sure about the brunch.

Edited, California Grill is 2 credits each on the regular DDP or the DxDDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter