DxDDP splitting kids/adults credits

Callsdodisney

Mouseketeer
Help me think through something....

We just upgraded to the DxDDP. I know right now those credits are pooled and can (typically) be used for adults or kids interchangeably. In thinking through it, if they stop pooling the credits, they would also have to separate adult and kid QS credits at the same time, yes?

For example, I've "used" all my adult credits, but I want to buy 4 QS meals at Flame Tree BBQ. If they are tracking kid v. adult on the DxDDP they can tell I am out of adult credits, and now I'm only able to buy 4 kids meals if I want to use the dining plan. It would follow that they would have to be splitting and tracking the QS plans in order to enforce that. Maybe that's why they've always allowed DxDDP to be used for adults or kids interchangeably?

I'm trying to think of all the scenarios. Right now I have it worked out where I can use all the credits, but if they change tracking, I'll have to make a few small shifts. I'd rather get it worked out in my head now than try to do it on the fly during my vacation!

Just wondering if you Disney vets (this is our first time!) can see something I'm missing in this thought process....

Who knows. They could do anything or nothing. Any guess could happen. I thought it would have happened this year w the addition of alcohol. It could happen any day or never, since the literature says kids must purchase kids meals now

Not helpful, huh:chat:

For example, I've "used" all my adult credits, but I want to buy 4 QS meals at Flame Tree BBQ. If they are tracking kid v. adult on the DxDDP they can tell I am out of adult credits, and now I'm only able to buy 4 kids meals if I want to use the dining plan. It would follow that they would have to be splitting and tracking the QS plans in order to enforce that. Maybe that's why they've always allowed DxDDP to be used for adults or kids interchangeably?

You're close to the "why." There are still QS places that do not have a kid's meal and for some strange reason, they can't figure out how to allow people to use a dedicated kid's credit for a meal at those places. So they opted to just not track the kid's QS meals, put "must order a kid's meal" in the literature and leave it at that. That worked for several years and people pretty much stuck to ordering kid's meals for their kids. We learned way back in 2009 that you could get adult meals for a kid's credit, but we weren't allowed to discuss that work around here on the DIS. At some point it became common knowledge and then Disney took the "you can't use credits for people not on the plan" off the rules and it soon became common knowledge that you could use kid's DxDDP and QS credits to get adult meals.

Consensus is that Disney is not going to fix the system to see adult/kid credits on these two plans until or unless all QS places offer a kid's meal.

It was very strictly enforced at Disney at one point. We here on the Dis support disney rules and do not support getting around the system

That changed when Disney changed. If and when they care and enforce their rules, so will we

It was very strictly enforced at Disney at one point. We here on the Dis support disney rules and do not support getting around the system

That changed when Disney changed. If and when they care and enforce their rules, so will we

All I know is that as far back as 2007, we used kid's QS credits to get adult meals, but I knew better than to talk about the work around here on the DIS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter