DxDP: cocktails vs. beer & wine

hereforthechurros

Here for the spring rolls too
We are beer people but curious to know if restaurants offer cocktails as your alcoholic drink or if every place does beer and wine only. Do signatures, for instance, allow orders from their cocktail menu or do they also stick to beer and wine? Doesn’t really make a huge difference, just trying to plan. Thanks!

We have gotten cocktails at Ohana and 1900 Park Fare before. I honestly don't think we asked anywhere else we are. The servers will generally point out what you can and can't have. The can't is usually a fairly short list in my experience.

We are beer people but curious to know if restaurants offer cocktails as your alcoholic drink or if every place does beer and wine only. Do signatures, for instance, allow orders from their cocktail menu or do they also stick to beer and wine? Doesn’t really make a huge difference, just trying to plan. Thanks!
I don’t drink beer or wine, so always use mine for cocktails. I get mimosas or Bellinis for breakfast, and then one of the specialty ones at lunch or dinner. And I admit it, I like getting the ones with the glow cubes! I plan on trying the Smoking Mirror at Story Book dining in a few weeks since that looks fun.

Does anyone know if you can get hot sake at Teppan Edo for dinner with the deluxe dining plan?

I don’t drink beer or wine, so always use mine for cocktails. I get mimosas or Bellinis for breakfast, and then one of the specialty ones at lunch or dinner. And I admit it, I like getting the ones with the glow cubes! I plan on trying the Smoking Mirror at Story Book dining in a few weeks since that looks fun.
Have you run into any issues with restaurants saying no?

It depends on what the restaurant offers and the price point.

For example
At ‘Ohana, the lapu lapu in the pineapple is not available on the plan. It is available in a glass though
Totally understandable. I prefer the backscratcher to the lapu so wonder if that’s an option. Guess I’ll find out in a month when we eat there!

No. I order ones that are on the menu. If there does happen to be an exception they will tell you. The blueberry lemon drop martini at CA Grill was good, as was the pinacolava at Turf Club. And the French martini at Chefs...
Thanks

Second the Backscratcher, server recommended it to me and I was absolutely delighted to receive an actual backscratcher I think the servers like to see the reactions of people aha.

We're usually beer people, but we do DxDP on our Christmas holiday trip (mainly for CG brunch) and do cocktails instead of beers and have never had an issue. That being said, I usually stick with Old Fashioneds, which is my "go-to" non-beer drink. We both did moonshine drinks at Homecoming on the dining plan as well with no issues. Drink up! :)

Adults beverages include mixed drinks as well as beer/wine when using the dining plans. Each server will indicate items NOT included when taking your order (or you can just ask them). Our recent experience was that only a few of the MOST expensive mixed drinks were not included.

Adults beverages include mixed drinks as well as beer/wine when using the dining plans. Each server will indicate items NOT included when taking your order (or you can just ask them). Our recent experience was that only a few of the MOST expensive mixed drinks were not included.
Definitely going to ask as this is our first time using the DxDP. Did you happen to notice a price cutoff for drinks?Most cocktails seem to be $12-$15 but I get these may not be the same as mixed drinks (well rum and coke for example) as far as what’s included. And each restaurant is different I’m sure!

^^ It seemed to vary at each restaurant, we never looked that closely to notice the price differences. As a prior poster noted, when we ate dinner at Ohana, there was a specific drink served in a pineapple that was not included in the dining plan. We didn't inquire further but others on here have indicated you could have that drink, just not served in the pineapple. When they told us it wasn't part of the dining plan we just ordered others things.

When we were at Disney the beginning of November, my DH ordered bourbon on the rocks at all our dinner reservations and didn't have any problems with it being covered by the plan. I was surprised at Flying Fish, the server made a recommendation to him and when we got the bill, it was covered, but it was a $19 pour. I really didn't think the plan would cover drinks that pricey.

It depends on what the restaurant offers and the price point.

For example
At ‘Ohana, the lapu lapu in the pineapple is not available on the plan. It is available in a glass though
Oh that's disappointing will have to get my Lapu Lapu in a pineapple from the Tambu Lounge and take this in to 'Ohana then get the back scratcher on the plan:)

I enjoy beer as well. Are their any places that have a good beer selection? I am looking more for small batch breweries and less like things you can find anywhere in the country like Cigar City and Lagunitas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!