E is Three! A Tale of Food Poisoning, Hurricane Irma and Ever Changing Plans! Completed 2/7

Thanks so much for your trip report. We were supposed to be there the same time and ended up re-scheduling because of the storm. We went last month instead, but are booked to go back in September (14-23).

Looks like Elora's taller than Belle was at her age!

LOL! That was literally my caption to this photo on Instagram!

I'm not a huge fan of lunch here either. I thought it was just okay.

With so much good food in DInsey WOrld, I guess it's fine, but I was so underwhelmed by this meal.

That's really frustrating about your FPs! We had the same problem when I tried to use a FP from a DVC tour for a M&G at Princess Fairytale Hall. He told me anything but Pandora or 7DMT, I believe, but when I went there I was told it couldn't be used for M&Gs either. The CM let me in anyway though because they didn't think it was fair that the DVC people told me that.

Ours were DVC ones too! Those and a few we got cause of trouble we had in booking the trip. I found out later that they're not good for Peter Pan, 7DMT, Princess Fairytale Hall, Pandora, Mickey Mouse in MK or

:laughing: Yeah, no kidding!

Right?! I was like "mom, where'd you think everyone went for food before the show?" She's a funny one.

:rotfl: She looks so unimpressed!!

What is that about?! The video was hilarious cause she just looks so bored!

Sounds like an acceptable way to deal with the post-Disney depression!

I agree! We may have also used our popcorn bucket for homemade popcorn... popcorn::

I do this, too. It takes me forever to settle back in and unpack.

Unpacking just makes it so real that its over. After all the planning, then the fun, it's just gone! :sad:

Thanks so much for your trip report. We were supposed to be there the same time and ended up re-scheduling because of the storm. We went last month instead, but are booked to go back in September (14-23).

Thanks for following along! I read a lot of folks changed their dates. We're stubborn. How was your trip last month? We'll be there in September again too, the 8-15th!

I was kinda surprised she said Magic Kingdom, lol!
Ttoo funny.

We got dressed and headed out the door to the boat dock.
Best thing ever!

We went straight back to see our buddy Pooh Bear!
AJ's favorite besides Speedway.

we took a ride on our favorite, 7DMT, if you’re counting this was our 5th time riding, and would not be our last!
Good to know she loved it so much that she wanted multiple rides. I booked us a PPO ADR at BOG so we can try to do 7DMT once or twice before rope drop. I also plan to book FPs. So if Will likes it, we can ride again with our FPs and if he doesn't, I can switch our FPs to something else.

I finally got my brew!!!
I loved this in 2016 but missed it in 2017. Need to make a point to get it in 2018!

Lunch was, ok. Nothing great, not terrible, but I don’t think we’ll go to this meal again.
It was better in 2016...not so great in 2017.

We loved dinner here,
Trying this in 2018! :)

I’d rather go to Cosmic Ray’s or Pecos Bill’s for a bigger meal at a better price.
Like I mentioned before, Pecos Bill is right up my alley!

Remember we got those passes that were good “anywhere but Pandora” NOT TRUE! THe CM said we didn’t have any passes for Mickey Mouse and the special passes couldn’t be used there. Whatever.
Boo hiss!

once again, we left kicking and screaming…
:rotfl2:

I really love this fireworks show, and I cried,
Me too!

Can we please take moment and discuss the young lady in front of us? The joy on her face was just too much for me.
:rotfl:

I love this one, and I’d like to do it each time we go.
:thumbsup2

1. I will NEVER plan a trip with my extended family. Mom and sis are fine cause they're easy, but in the future if anyone else wants to come while we're there that's up to them. I'm not gonna do that again, well at least not for a while.
I completely understand!

4. I need to relax more on these trips. I think we stayed in our jammies for like 4 days after we got home. I know I took forever to unpack. Even with the two days in the resort, I think we just need a little more down time each day.
We do take breaks every day and we all enjoy those, but my DH has requested an off day or two half days on our next big trip. I don't really want to but I do want to take his wishes into consideration so I am sure I will work it in. Plus, knowing we own DVC now, we will have many trips in our future, so no need to be commando!

Hopefully when we return in September things will go more smoothly. If I do a PTR for that trip,. I'll post a link here.
Please do!

Ttoo funny.

LOL! She's a night time girl, so she generally sleeps in sorta late; it's been 9 PM-9AM in recent months. Gonna be a hard change when she starts school.

Best thing ever!

I love that boat! I wish it went more places!

AJ's favorite besides Speedway.

Such a cute ride. I do miss Mr.Toad's though...

Good to know she loved it so much that she wanted multiple rides. I booked us a PPO ADR at BOG so we can try to do 7DMT once or twice before rope drop. I also plan to book FPs. So if Will likes it, we can ride again with our FPs and if he doesn't, I can switch our FPs to something else.

That's a great plan! We had a lot of success getting FP for 7DMT in the afternoon/evening as a 4th or 5th pass. It's a fun little coaster.

I loved this in 2016 but missed it in 2017. Need to make a point to get it in 2018!

I really loved it, especially in the heat.

It was better in 2016...not so great in 2017.

I'd read such good things about it. Super disappointing.

Trying this in 2018! :)

As we've seen things change here, but our dinner at BoG in 2015 was incredible! The service, the food, the wine!! We really loved that meal. I tried to nab it in 2017 but we were planning for a huge group at it just didn't happen. I hope you guys love it!

Like I mentioned before, Pecos Bill is right up my alley!

Mine too! I'd eat there just for the "free" guacamole!

Boo hiss!

I was so disappointed.

:rotfl2:

I honestly wish they had a bypass line on slower days. It's hellish dragging her outta there!

Me too!

E and I watch it before bed sometimes. I really love the song.

I completely understand!

Even outside of the hurricane shenanigans they were all just sorta non-communicative until the dead last second. It was so frustrating. Never again.

We do take breaks every day and we all enjoy those, but my DH has requested an off day or two half days on our next big trip. I don't really want to but I do want to take his wishes into consideration so I am sure I will work it in. Plus, knowing we own DVC now, we will have many trips in our future, so no need to be commando!

I was thinking about how you guys tour when I wrote that! I like your breaks, a few hours to chill inside, relax. My only concern is my DH will work every chance he gets; the man doesn't know how to vacation. My DH likes the day off days too, and having nothing planned on our travel days was a great plan and we will do it always. But I did not enjoy the day off. Might have been different if it wasn't a forced day, but I think I'd prefer going to the parks every day and taking long breaks each day. We shall see!

Please do!

:thumbsup2

Then we looked at the windows, walked under the train station, and said good-bye, well said See ya real soon!
It looks like you made the best of your final day. :)

I've enjoyed your trip report. I hope the next trip is hurricane free. I hope you do a trip report for that one, too. :)

Thanks for following along! I read a lot of folks changed their dates. We're stubborn. How was your trip last month? We'll be there in September again too, the 8-15th!

Last month was nice. Weird for us because we're always there for either Food & Wine/MNSSHP or MVMCP. It was definitely cooler than we're used to, but also a little more crowded. All in all a nice trip.

Then we mosied over to grab a bite at GAston’s tavern and I finally got my brew!!!

Totally a delicious beverage and I will definitely partake again in September!

Yummm! I do love LeFou's Brew! We didn't get it when we went last year, but it's totally on my list if I talk DH into the trip in August (the week before DS turns 3).

38799270095_3b4d958454.jpg

That is just the PERFECT picture!

Can we please take moment and discuss the young lady in front of us? The joy on her face was just too much for me.

Wow! What a difference between the 2 people in front of you! Looks like someone did NOT want to ride.

MK is giant! We spent 80% of our time in that park cause of the storm and plans changing and we still didn't do everything. Sure, we did a ton of stuff more than once, but man alive!

YES!!! When we went last May, we had 1 day at MK, and it was so not enough. My theoretical August trip has 3 park days--2 MK and 1 HS. I'll miss the other 2, but I know I need 2 days at MK.

For some reason I'm not getting email updates from the DIS, anyone else having that problem?

It looks like you made the best of your final day. :)

We really did! I think staying a few more days was a wonderful idea.

I've enjoyed your trip report. I hope the next trip is hurricane free. I hope you do a trip report for that one, too. :)

Thank you! I'm so glad you followed along. I hope it's hurricane free as well, although if another one is coming anywhere close to Florida, I'm gonna reschedule this time! I promise to post a link, once I start the thing, lol.

AJ is a night person, like me. But both of them stay up later on the weekends and sleep in, which I’m grateful for!

That’s why I think I would prefer to half off days instead of one long off day...lol.

Elora's a fighter, she'll be exhausted and just push and push to stay up longer. I let her just go one night and she finally fell asleep in her stuffy bin around 3 AM. Insanity!

That's my thinking too though, the one long rest day, I get antsy. The pool is fun and all but I wanna be in Disney World when I'm there. You'd think I'd never been before! LOL! I do like the idea, and have been considering it, of an AM in the park, rest, swim and then dinner somewhere, maybe Hoop Dee Doo or 'Ohana, even pop into Tepan Edo. So many ideas!!!

Last month was nice. Weird for us because we're always there for either Food & Wine/MNSSHP or MVMCP. It was definitely cooler than we're used to, but also a little more crowded. All in all a nice trip.

I've visited in February before, never January, and it can be quite chilly in the mornings and evenings. I feel like no time of year has low crowds anymore, but I understand there are some very busy weeks at the start of the year. I'm glad you guys had a nice time!

Yummm! I do love LeFou's Brew! We didn't get it when we went last year, but it's totally on my list if I talk DH into the trip in August (the week before DS turns 3).

I hope you do it! He's still free then, cause the second he isn't they charge you!

That is just the PERFECT picture!

I love this one, she's SOOOO happy. This is why I will always pay for the photo package.

Wow! What a difference between the 2 people in front of you! Looks like someone did NOT want to ride.

LOL! The excited lady is my mom. I don't know what was up with that other girl though. She wasn't with us in line so I can't speak to her character, but it was such an odd photo to find. :confused3

YES!!! When we went last May, we had 1 day at MK, and it was so not enough. My theoretical August trip has 3 park days--2 MK and 1 HS. I'll miss the other 2, but I know I need 2 days at MK.

I could probably spend a week just in Magic Kingdom. It's my favorite park, duh, but it's got so much. If you do HS you'll see the new Toy Story stuff! I'm psyched to get back in the other parks this year.

We are officially booked for September 8-15th at a two bedroom Villa in Copper Creek!!

tumblr_m7s3qmS71A1qhoo82.gif
So exciting! So jealous!

guess we were being noisy cause Elora woke up and told us to be quiet cause she was sleeping. I
Ha. I love when kids do this... Like the nerve of you as a parent to be awake... Sigh.

Getting Elora out of that little house took forever!!! But mom and I agreed, we’d stick to E’s pace this day and do what she wanted. After we bounced in our honey pots we took a ride on our favorite, 7DMT, if you’re counting this was our 5th time riding, and would not be our last!
I have a hard time doing this. I need to get better at that!

Totally a delicious beverage and I will definitely partake again in September!
Yum! I want both of those right now.. :(

Lunch was, ok. Nothing great, not terrible, but I don’t think we’ll go to this meal again. We loved dinner here, but the QS meals just don’t do it for us. I
We had lunch reservation for this past trip, but I cancelled it. It just didn't seem worth it. I wish they would just make all meals table service. And make the food a little better. I would be willing to try it again, I think.

This always takes a while cause of the play place, and once again, we left kicking and screaming…

No tears on the ride though!
Thank goodness, my girls are old enough to realize that the ride is more fun than the play area. The idea was good for the play area but man how many people drag there kids out of there kicking and screaming...

Oh that lady! She is like the lady on splash mountain! too funny. The guy next to her is having way too much fun!

I love this one, and I’d like to do it each time we go.
That is a perfect pic to take over and over again. But will you try and hold her when she is a teenager! Ha! That would be hilarious!

3. MK is giant! We spent 80% of our time in that park cause of the storm and plans changing and we still didn't do everything. Sure, we did a ton of stuff more than once, but man alive!
Isn't it!!! You need multiple days to do even some of the stuff! WE haven't managed to do Sourcer Mickey game more than the one trip! I bring our cards each trip and we never end up getting to it.

4. I need to relax more on these trips. I think we stayed in our jammies for like 4 days after we got home. I know I took forever to unpack. Even with the two days in the resort, I think we just need a little more down time each day.
Also, something I need to get better at! We were talking about doing a split stay next time. And go to a deluxe in the middle and do no parks for 2 days, just swim at the pool and enjoy the deluxe resort then move back to a moderate and hit the parks up again. We will see.

I am jumping over to your PTR now! Can't wait to hear about it. No trip in the future for us yet. I am thinking March of next year! So far away....

So exciting! So jealous!

I honestly feel a little bit crazy for trying to plan a trip at this stage in the game; we're trying to buy a house, I started a new job and DD is starting school in Fall... Not sure a WDW trip is the smartest choice, but it'll be fun!!

Ha. I love when kids do this... Like the nerve of you as a parent to be awake... Sigh.

Right?! The way it's said too "I'm sleeeeeping!" Little rodents.

I have a hard time doing this. I need to get better at that!

I do too, I'm very go, go, go, not just in Disney World either.

Yum! I want both of those right now.. :(

ME TOO!!!:sad:

We had lunch reservation for this past trip, but I cancelled it. It just didn't seem worth it. I wish they would just make all meals table service. And make the food a little better. I would be willing to try it again, I think.

THere is talk that it's going to become another signature restaurant... But I agree, dinner is the best, and if we go again, it'll be for dinner.

Thank goodness, my girls are old enough to realize that the ride is more fun than the play area. The idea was good for the play area but man how many people drag there kids out of there kicking and screaming...

I avoid that entire area of the park, which is a shame, but the idea of spending all that time on Dumbo then her begging me to play in the water area, then complaining that she's wet, it's just all too much! LOL! I'm so terrible, I should just let her be a kid!

Oh that lady! She is like the lady on splash mountain! too funny. The guy next to her is having way too much fun!

The person next to her is my mom. Funny you said guy; she hates this photo cause she says she looks terrible in it, but I needed to show you guys that woman!

That is a perfect pic to take over and over again. But will you try and hold her when she is a teenager! Ha! That would be hilarious!

OMG! That would be soooo funny!!!

Isn't it!!! You need multiple days to do even some of the stuff! WE haven't managed to do Sourcer Mickey game more than the one trip! I bring our cards each trip and we never end up getting to it.

Seriously! For September, DH asked that we only go to MK for one day, try and do the other parks, and I'm like, wait, what? That's not possible, we won't even get out of Fantasyland!

Also, something I need to get better at! We were talking about doing a split stay next time. And go to a deluxe in the middle and do no parks for 2 days, just swim at the pool and enjoy the deluxe resort then move back to a moderate and hit the parks up again. We will see.

I'm no good at this, at all. DH keeps telling me we should enjoy the resort, cause it's his favorite part, but I'm like programmed to sleep and shower in the room and spend all the time in the parks. Gotta change it up though.:confused3

I am jumping over to your PTR now! Can't wait to hear about it. No trip in the future for us yet. I am thinking March of next year! So far away....

:thumbsup2 It'll be March 2019 in a flash!

How did I not even know this TR existed???? I'm a horrible person. But you knew that because I now have 10 days to finish my TR from August of 2015 before we leave for Disney.

I loved your report! So much fun! I didn't realize you had been there during Irma. What an experience. You really made the best of it, though and E had fun, so that's what's important!

You mom's faces on the rides are a hoot. I was giggling about them at my desk!

How did I not even know this TR existed???? I'm a horrible person. But you knew that because I now have 10 days to finish my TR from August of 2015 before we leave for Disney.

Lol! Maybe you’re a terribly busy person, but not a terrible person, by any means. If you see this before you head to WDW, have a great trip, and take lots of photos, and finish your TR, lol!

I loved your report! So much fun! I didn't realize you had been there during Irma. What an experience. You really made the best of it, though and E had fun, so that's what's important!

Thanks Claire! We were very fortunate to add a few days, and to know what we wanted to see; it made the storm seem like a minor thing. That and the incredible CMs!

You mom's faces on the rides are a hoot. I was giggling about them at my desk!

That woman is too much, and I love her so for it! When they say Disney brings out the kid in you, she’s who they’re talking about!

Just read your entire report. So crazy with a hurricane! Glad you were able to make the best of it.

Your daughter is adorable! I couldn’t get over her crashing on the dinner table. I think my 3 year old might do that next time we go.

Also hey fellow detroiter! I’m in a suburb off Woodward. Have you done Dream Cruise? We love it, and you can hear it from inside our house.

Anyway, i’ll Have to go participate in this pretrip report. Birthday trips are so fun!!! It’s so cool your mom hooked you up with DVC!!

Just read your entire report. So crazy with a hurricane! Glad you were able to make the best of it.

Well hi! I laugh every time I think about Floridians moving to Michigan only to visit Florida and get hit my a hurricane! Too crazy. We did have a blast, I mean it’s Disney!

Your daughter is adorable! I couldn’t get over her crashing on the dinner table. I think my 3 year old might do that next time we go.

She slept so much that day! We really tired that poor kid out. I’ll tell ya, it has its benefits; I actually got to eat hot food! Lol!

Also hey fellow detroiter! I’m in a suburb off Woodward. Have you done Dream Cruise? We love it, and you can hear it from inside our house.

Wow! We live in Hamtramck right now, renting until we buy, hopefully this year. I haven’t done it, but we’ve heard of it, our neighbors love the cruises up here. We’re new to the area, been here almost a year now!

Anyway, i’ll Have to go participate in this pretrip report. Birthday trips are so fun!!! It’s so cool your mom hooked you up with DVC!!

I hope so! Elora loved her birthday trip last year, so it seemed fitting to go again. Right?! My mom is a nut, in the very best way!

You did a great job weathering the storm on this trip. Both literally and figuratively.

I like your last day. Looks like a fun way for Elora to do her thing while you made the most of soaking up every last minute you had!

You did a great job weathering the storm on this trip. Both literally and figuratively.

:thumbsup2 They say a rainy day in Disney is better than a sunny day anywhere else, and this sorta solidified that for me. We had a blast, even though everything I planned flew out the window, lol!

I like your last day. Looks like a fun way for Elora to do her thing while you made the most of soaking up every last minute you had!

Thanks! She likes to be in charge for sure, and you're very right that going at toddler speed was a great way to take it all in before we headed back to the real world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!