EA ? - I Think I Goofed!

Disneyhappy

DIS Veteran
I thought that if you rent through EA, you had your choice of autos, as long as you booked intermediate. After reading some posts, I'm getting the impression that if you booked intermediate, that is the car you will get and to get a full size, you need to book a full size. When I booked our ressie, I didn't change the car class and left it at the intermediate default. We definitely will need a full size for the luggage space. Should I rebook? Any help is appreciated!

You do get your choice of what is on the aisle fromwhat i understand. If there is something bigger than the intermediate you can take it for the same price. I opted to get the full size, just i case, but am hoping for an suv or mini van. From what i understand, even if you rent an intermediate, there is usually something larger you can take, I guess it just depends on the time you get there.

on the EA program you get your choice of cars that are on the EA. I believe you are only guaranteed the size car you book. However, normally there are full size cars on the aisle. The bigger risk is if you need a van or something.

Wow! That was a fast reply! Also, I am relieved. I checked diligently daily to get a great rate and the thought of starting all over again frustrated me. I'll stay with the ressie I have and think positive! Thank you for your responses!

I dont know when you made your ressie, but i just went on tonight, and the rates dropped drastically since last night. They were $211 last night and tonight they are $130 for a full size. I made a new ressie and cancelled my old one. You could do that and reserve the full size if it would make you feel betterabout haveing a big enough car.

On April 28 there were ONLY 2 Intermediate cars on the Aisle. According to National, they had no other cars available that had been "processed" to bring and re-stock the aisle. The family that arrived while we were waiting and had booked an intermediate was given one of the intermediates. No choices about it. We had booked a full size, they didn't have one available to bring. That's why we were offered the SUV. Use caution when booking less car than you'll be needing.

There are no guarantees on EA. I am sure you have read so many posts regarding this. Right now it is only $5 more a day to upgrade to a Full size - I would do that to guarantee you get just that - at the very least. You may regret not having done this; IMVHO! I have used EA many times - but my flights have always arrived before 11am during the week - and always had a choice. It seems w/e and later in the day is a problem.

The selection really does depend on the time of day your flight gets in. It appears that the earlier the better for selection. They probably process more cars in the AM and early afternoon. It seems after 2pm the selection is just not there.

Just remember you have to live with what car you book - if the upgrade is available - BONUS! I would hate to see your vacation get off to a bad start.:(

Frequently the rate for the intermediate and full sized car is the same (free upgrade built in to the rates). When I was there in April the only car in the aisle was an intermediate, I picked a car from the full size aisle.
The program is not marketed as a source of free upgrades (nice if you can get one) but rather as a fast way to get your car WORKS WELL.
People who are counting on a free upgrade are setting themselves up for disappointment. MAKE SURE YOU RESERVE A CAR SIZE YOU CAN LIVE WITH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!