Ear Piercing

DolphinBoy

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if there is anyplace to get your ears pierced at WDW? I thought it might be a neat treat for my daughter.

My daughter who is 5 just had hers pierced on Monday and we had to hold her head for the second one and she screamed for about 45 min afterwards. She is really proud and happy that she got it done, but it took up a big part of our day with having it done and then calming her down. I certainly wouldn't do it on my vacation in the happiest place in the world.

Have to agree w/the above poster. Also, I remember getting my ears pierced. Since I sleep on my side and my ears were tender, I didn't get a good night sleep until the holes healed b/c it hurt to lay my ear (w/my head putting pressure on the new piercing) on the pillow. Would hate to see a child lose sleep at WDW! And, do you really want to take care of her ears (washing, turning earrings) every day and night while on vacation? What if they should get infected?

Instead, I would buy her some pretty earrings w/the promise of getting her ears pierced when she gets home!

Also, they recommend not swimming for a while (can't remember how long, but it's at least a few weeks) after getting ears pierced.
Here's another hint for when she does get them pierced. Ask if they can have 2 people each piercing an ear at the same. Most of the piercing places will do that willingly because they have had their share of kids who were fine for the first one, but had to be held down for the second (or even left with only one ear pierced). Everyone that I have suggested this to has had great luck with it. My oldest DD even asked the piercers to do her second piercing that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter