Earl or IOAtech or anyone else with knowledge.

EUROPA

DIS Veteran
Could you tell if Universal uses a CMMS software package to manage its equipment and assets? For repairs and scheduled maintenance. You know software that prints out workorders, PM's...manages Inventory...and so on.

I work for a company that makes this type of software and it looks like that you guys might be one of our customers...or were at one time. I just wanted to check with you guys to be sure. I'm not trying to sell you anything...just wanted to know. Might be good to know if I'm ever looking for a job.

Come on this can't be a company seceret. Its like asking you if you guys use Word or Excel. Please...I promise to visit again and spend lots of money!

We have two records in our system for Universal Studios one for Hollywood and one for Flordia but neither are active.

Heck if you guys are using it might be chance for you guys to ask me questions for a change...

We use such work management programs, as every business does.

Errrr...how about a name? Do you still use a off the shelf product like Mp2, Mp5 or Maximo. Or have you guys developed your own software for this?

Universal uses LOTS of software products to manage all area of the company. Some intranet-based programs are produced in-house, however most are vendor-purchased products that are available to all companies.

Finally, in an attempt to end this thread. Yes, one of the products the Tech Services department uses is Maximo.

Originally posted by CoasterFEV

Finally, in an attempt to end this thread. Yes, one of the products the Tech Services department uses is Maximo.

Sorry! Maybe the thread was not intresting to the entire board as it was to me, as I work in the industry.

Looks like I work for the other guys anyway. Well good luck in the future. Looks like I will have to dangle my skills at another theme park in your area.

*sings softly *...be our guest, be our guest put our magic to the test...

To answer your question, we use Maximo for our maintenance activities and parts management for the Technical Services group. We have some decent programmers who have configured it to cover pretty much everything.

Darn, that was a secret... you know what I have to do to you now!

Thanks guys. Sorry I had to "beat" that information out of you. I figured that you must have had to do some major work to get those prodcuts to work for you. Neither Maximo or our product straight out of the box is really a solution for a theme park.

I'll just have to keep searching for my dream job.

If your product is SAP I can tell you it would require a LOT of manipulation. It is hard enough to tailor SAP to a manufacturing plant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter