Earlier Check-In More Likely to Get Room You Want @ Coronado?

Paul Rodgers

Mouseketeer
In my never-ending up in the air choice to change my resort from Coronado to another resort to avoid construction, with the most recent deals, I think I have come to the conclusion that I'll be sticking to Coronado. I have the option to check in now, and we're about 150 days out. (Crazy, right?) If I check in now and put in my preferences for which area/floor I want, will that give me a better chance of getting the area I want? Is this general for all resort stays?

Additionally, does anyone know about which rooms will already be renovated at Coronado by Aug 2018?

No. When and how you check in has nothing to do with it. The room assignments are made about 3-4 days prior to arrival. Just make any preference as simple as possible when you check in.

I think early arrival does have something to do with getting room you want. While it’s true rooms are assigned 3-4 days before arrival, say you arrive at 9am and you check in with the front desk and ask if your room is in xyz building as requested and CM says no, you’re in ABC building, (they don’t tell you room # until room is ready) you can ask if it’s possible to have a room in XYZ building. The room may be assigned to someone else who isn’t arriving until later, so it’s possible room assignors will change rooms and give you that room. Then change room for other person.

I think early arrival does have something to do with getting room you want. While it’s true rooms are assigned 3-4 days before arrival, say you arrive at 9am and you check in with the front desk and ask if your room is in xyz building as requested and CM says no, you’re in ABC building, (they don’t tell you room # until room is ready) you can ask if it’s possible to have a room in XYZ building. The room may be assigned to someone else who isn’t arriving until later, so it’s possible room assignors will change rooms and give you that room. Then change room for other person.
Yeah, I think this happened to me on my last visit. I got assigned a standard room in AKL with a partial savannah view :-) (got a notification via email as I was boarding my flight). Then, when I landed, I got another alert the room was assigned in error, and I was switched to another room, with a lovely parking lot view. o_O And I think when they reassigned me, they totally ignored/didn't even see my touringplans room request form. I wonder if I had been able to arrive earlier if I would have been able to keep that first room...

We got our room assignment email/text while we driving in to Coronado Springs. I had done online check-in. It wasn't remotely close to what I had requested either online or on the phone(I was called to let me know about the construction going on at the resort and I re-iterated my building preference). So we just went to the lobby on arrival and asked if we could get a room closer to where we had requested. The front desk Cast Member was able to pull up a room in the building next to where we wanted to be so I called my wife over to check if it would be OK and before she got to the desk the room was gone, given to another guest checking in. The Cast Member did another inquiry and found a different room in the same building and we took it. It was ready for us. This was about 10:00 am. We went right to the room then right to the Magic Kingdom. Cheers!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I think this happened to me on my last visit. I got assigned a standard room in AKL with a partial savannah view :-) (got a notification via email as I was boarding my flight). Then, when I landed, I got another alert the room was assigned in error, and I was switched to another room, with a lovely parking lot view. o_O And I think when they reassigned me, they totally ignored/didn't even see my touringplans room request form. I wonder if I had been able to arrive earlier if I would have been able to keep that first room...
Yikes! That’s not fair. I’ve never heard of the resorts giving out room #s then taking it back. Those partial savana views are standard view rooms. They can’t give them to someone who’s paid for a savanna view. Did you go to the desk to see if there was another similar room with the view that was taken away?

Yikes! That’s not fair. I’ve never heard of the resorts giving out room #s then taking it back. Those partial savana views are standard view rooms. They can’t give them to someone who’s paid for a savanna view. Did you go to the desk to see if there was another similar room with the view that was taken away?
Yeah, I went to the desk and was even crossing my fingers I could get a pixie dust upgrade to a savanna view. But because I had booked via undercover tourist not direct thru Disney and already checked in online, they weren't able to do an upgrade (at least according to the back office they called-don't know how much that was true though). I tried to ask for a different room, but the desk agent was in the beginning stages of training, and it was late, so I gave up and just took the new room assigned to me. In the end it worked out ok, because the room ended up being 130 steps (I counted) to the hot tub :lovestruc, and was close enough to the buses for me to make it there and back in 5 minutes (when I realized it was too chilly for shorts and a tank top but the next bus was on its way)! But I definitely would have loved a view of the animals, rather than the taxi waiting/smoking area o_O

Yeah, I went to the desk and was even crossing my fingers I could get a pixie dust upgrade to a savanna view. But because I had booked via undercover tourist not direct thru Disney and already checked in online, they weren't able to do an upgrade (at least according to the back office they called-don't know how much that was true though). I tried to ask for a different room, but the desk agent was in the beginning stages of training, and it was late, so I gave up and just took the new room assigned to me. In the end it worked out ok, because the room ended up being 130 steps (I counted) to the hot tub :lovestruc, and was close enough to the buses for me to make it there and back in 5 minutes (when I realized it was too chilly for shorts and a tank top but the next bus was on its way)! But I definitely would have loved a view of the animals, rather than the taxi waiting/smoking area o_O
I don’t know how true that is either. I book thru a travel agent and do online check in but if I don’t like the room given, I have been able to get a different room (within same category). Sometimes I’ve had to wait a day like my Poly res, I didn’t get a balcony. Went to desk to ask if there was one available. They said if I was ok with moving rooms the next day there was one available.

You can certainly add your requests to your reservation, but they are just that "requests." There are never any guarantees, but you are better off keeping the requests simple, and within your room classification. If you book a standard room, don't make a requests for a room in a preferred building. Don't request a specific room number, just state where you want to be, such as close the bus stop, away from elevator, etc. I've never made a room request, and I have to say that I've never been disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter